The Student Room Group

Pokémon Sword and Shield?

Which starter is everyone choosing? I'm going for sobble :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Athenaxx
Which starter is everyone choosing? I'm going for sobble :smile:

Oh, the 8th pokemon generation is finally at the start? just waiting for the evolutions forms before I make my final choice. At the moment it is Grookey, it is a cute ape pokemon.
Game freak have been quiet since the big reveal, maybe they're trying not to give too much away until closer to the release date?
Original post by hello_shawn
Game freak have been quiet since the big reveal, maybe they're trying not to give too much away until closer to the release date?

That is nothing new, as Game Freak is known to reveal more and more about the new pokemons the closer the next game to the release date comes.
Reply 4
Original post by Kallisto
Oh, the 8th pokemon generation is finally at the start? just waiting for the evolutions forms before I make my final choice. At the moment it is Grookey, it is a cute ape pokemon.

Yeah you're probably right, it's best to wait before choosing favourites, I remember in gen 6 everyone hated froakie but ended up loving greninja.

Ikr I've been waiting so long for updates!! I feel like the hype has kinda lowered cos there hasn't been any new information for months
Reply 5
I'M CHOOSING SQUIRTLE!!!

Oh wait, gamefreak are actually releasing pokemon games that aren't related to gen 1...
Reply 6
Original post by Your Local Cat
I'M CHOOSING SQUIRTLE!!!

Oh wait, gamefreak are actually releasing pokemon games that aren't related to gen 1...

Controversial opinion: Gen 1 is the worst generation and generation 5 is the best. I can already feel the backlash xD
Reply 7
Controversial opinion: Gen 1 is the worst generation and generation 5 is the best. I can already feel the backlash xD

ALMOST AGREED! i hate tepig evo line tho
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Ikr I wish it stayed on all 4s, and pigs r legit my favourite animals.... tepig had so much potential... And omg apparently scorbunny is going to be another fire/fighting type for like the 10000th time
Original post by Your Local Cat
ALMOST AGREED! i hate tepig evo line tho
Reply 9
I loved gen 5 for the story, but as far as new Pokemon go, my favourite is gen 4. If I were to choose a starter from first glance, it’d be Sobble but I guess it’s too early to say without the full evolution line. Generation three had the best starters in my opinion, although it’s one of my lower rated generations on the whole.
That is nothing new, as Game Freak is known to reveal more and more about the new pokemons the closer the next game to the release date comes.

Let's compare it to gen 6 being announced six years ago, we already knew the names of six new Pokémon at this time of the year. Fairy-type was announced in June and Mega Evolution was announced in August. The games were released in October. So for gen 8 I think we'd expect to know more about any new mechanics by July :smile:
Yeah you're probably right, it's best to wait before choosing favourites, I remember in gen 6 everyone hated froakie but ended up loving greninja.
(...)

That is a very good example. I was not such a big fan of froakie, but his evolutions convinced me and his final form is still one of the best designs in terms of the starter pokemons. Froakie has shown it is worth to wait and not to decide too soon.
Reply 12
Original post by Red8746
I loved gen 5 for the story, but as far as new Pokemon go, my favourite is gen 4. If I were to choose a starter from first glance, it’d be Sobble but I guess it’s too early to say without the full evolution line. Generation three had the best starters in my opinion, although it’s one of my lower rated generations on the whole.

I love gen pokemon 4 but personally gen 5 pokemon r my favourite, which is peculiar considering everyone hates them lmao. I just love the eccentric designs, especially Garbodor and Vanilluxe xD however they probs had the worst starters tbh excluding serperior. My personal favourite line of starters r from gen 2 and my favourite region is defo gen 6.
Let's compare it to gen 6 being announced six years ago, we already knew the names of six new Pokémon at this time of the year. Fairy-type was announced in June and Mega Evolution was announced in August. The games were released in October. So for gen 8 I think we'd expect to know more about any new mechanics by July :smile:

OMG IKR like for previous, there were leaks and new info being revealed every other day but nothing much so far for gen 8 :frown:
That is a very good example. I was not such a big fan of froakie, but his evolutions convinced me and his final form is still one of the best designs in terms of the starter pokemons. Froakie has shown it is worth to wait and not to decide too soon.

But fr i feel like the ugliest and most underated first line evolutions end up evolving into the coolest pokemon.
I dont have a switch but if i did id get the scorbunny because i always choose fire types and the bunny looks better tbh lol
My favourite starters are gen 2 and 3, cyndaquil and mudkip are sicc u cant lie
Has gamefreak shown the evolutions for gen 8 yet?
Reply 14
Original post by lilTrain
I dont have a switch but if i did id get the scorbunny because i always choose fire types and the bunny looks better tbh lol
My favourite starters are gen 2 and 3, cyndaquil and mudkip are sicc u cant lie
Has gamefreak shown the evolutions for gen 8 yet?

Yaaasss mudkip is my fave starter of all time.... And no unfortunately :frown:
I'm going to go for Scorbunny, my lord I can't wait!!!

Ikr I've been waiting so long for updates!! I feel like the hype has kinda lowered cos there hasn't been any new information for months

There were definitely be new info in 2 weeks. E3 is just around the corner
Reply 17
Original post by EBurlton
I'm going to go for Scorbunny, my lord I can't wait!!!

I just feel like gamefreak r gonna **** up the final evolution tbh xp
Original post by Curious_G
There were definitely be new info in 2 weeks. E3 is just around the corner

I'm literally so impatient, been waiting for months. Btw how many pokemon are you hoping for? I want over 100+ new pokemon not including regional variants
Yaaasss mudkip is my fave starter of all time.... And no unfortunately :frown:

Oof well if theyre releasing it late this year i bet theyll release it quite soon
(...)
But fr i feel like the ugliest and most underrated first line evolutions end up evolving into the coolest pokemon.

Is it just me or were you talking about froakie and missed some letters? if so, I had the same feeling about this pokemon.

Quick Reply

Latest