Do Universities look down at you if you ask to revise your Personal Statement? Watch

Karatheela
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
As the title says, I've added a course choice to my UCAS and now I want to send in a revised personal statement to say why I want to study the new course.

Will this affect my chances of being accepted?

I'm applying for Foundations years if that makes any difference?
ParadoxSocks
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A better option would be to contact your new option and ask if you can submit a personal statement for their course.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Karatheela)
As the title says, I've added a course choice to my UCAS and now I want to send in a revised personal statement to say why I want to study the new course.

Will this affect my chances of being accepted?

I'm applying for Foundations years if that makes any difference?
Honestly i have know idea, but i suspect it depends on the course & your specific PS.
For example if u are applying for physical science foundation year, and want to modify slightly to apply to an engineering one, this could be done in such a way that it doesn't harm your application as the subjects have lots of related concepts (particularly up to secondary school level).

If you change from a science one to medicine or art, Unis would probably look much more critically of this...
they expect you to show enthusiasm for your subject, put yourself in the admissions tutors seat, read your original & secondary statement then what judgements would you make once reading the new statement.

I suspect careful thought out approach will work.
Karatheela
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ParadoxSocks)
A better option would be to contact your new option and ask if you can submit a personal statement for their course.
Both courses are at the same university (I'm can't move to go to a different University) so I've emailed Admissions asking if it's ok to send in a new Personal Statement!
(Original post by mnot)
Honestly i have know idea, but i suspect it depends on the course & your specific PS.
For example if u are applying for physical science foundation year, and want to modify slightly to apply to an engineering one, this could be done in such a way that it doesn't harm your application as the subjects have lots of related concepts (particularly up to secondary school level).

If you change from a science one to medicine or art, Unis would probably look much more critically of this...
they expect you to show enthusiasm for your subject, put yourself in the admissions tutors seat, read your original & secondary statement then what judgements would you make once reading the new statement.

I suspect careful thought out approach will work.
All of the subjects I've applied for fall under the arts & humanities bracket according to the university, (I've applied for Archaeology/Medieval Studies, but I want to add Game Design as my new first choice after some soul seeking), I already have an interview for the Arts & Humanities Foundation year, so I'm hoping that foundation year allows me to go on to study Games Design! I just want to add to my Personal Statement to reflect why I want to study it!

I thought I wanted to study Archaeology, but it's really just a dream that's not very realistic, I'd rather do something I actually know about/ want to work in!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (177)
32.18%
The paper was reasonable (272)
49.45%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
10.91%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
7.45%

Watched Threads