Which degree is best for GEM? Watch

Lostx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I think the only option for me is to apply as a graduate. I am not sure which degree will be best to do as the undergraduate degree?

I am thinking about the following:

Philosophy
Medical Physiology
Biomedical Sciences
Pharmacology

Thanks
Last edited by Lostx; 4 weeks ago
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lostx)
I think the only option for me is to apply as a graduate. I am not sure which degree will be best to do as the undergraduate degree?

I am thinking about the following:

Philosophy
Medical Physiology
Biomedical Sciences

Thanks
There is no best or worst degree. The one that opens the most doors will be Biomedical Sciences, and a lot of GEM students will have studied that.

I am sure I have linked this to your threads before, but read https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf (page 50 onwards) for the requirements of GEM. As long as you meet it - it's fine.
Lostx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
There is no best or worst degree. The one that opens the most doors will be Biomedical Sciences, and a lot of GEM students will have studied that.

I am sure I have linked this to your threads before, but read https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf (page 50 onwards) for the requirements of GEM. As long as you meet it - it's fine.
Thank you ecolier,

You have shown me that link before but I had lost it, so thank you for posting that again

What worries me is the fact A-levels are required for most of the universities, so seeing as Medicine is getting more and more competitive I am worried that when I get to that stage all of the universities will have requirements I cannot meet.

Do you think this is likely?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lostx)
...Do you think this is likely?
I can't predict the future, however there are a lot of other things that medical schools use to select candidates including the admission tests / interviews. It is likely that some medical schools will remain not using A-Levels / GCSEs while others may change.

:goodluck:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?