Why are many Muslims so horrible and hateful towards other Muslims? Watch

Pkqueen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Particularly towards Muslim women?

I am appalled and shocked at how horrible even the most ‘moderate’ of Muslims can be. See the reaction Dina Tokio taking off her hijab drama, see the comments under any hijabi Muslim youtuber or bloggers videos or articles etc. The comment sections are full of hate and judgemental people by their own people.

It’s even worse in real life. It’s usually Muslim men that sleep with anything that has a pulse, drink, take drugs etc. but god forbid if a girl makes the choice of deciding not to wear the hijab. Nowonder so many Muslim girls are starting to marry out now and having to convert non-Muslim guys with crappy hypocritical men like these available. Get off your high horse.

Most Muslim guys in my experience are wallah bros (guy who parties and drinks, then turns around and chastizes women for doing less).
Last edited by Pkqueen; 4 weeks ago
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
true but most don't
Fullsend
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
True that.
donemyAlevels
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If what you are saying is true then it is because most Muslims today dwell in compound ignorance about their own Religion and lack spiritual fibre. And also the category of so called Muslims you are referring to in your post (minus the people being "judgemental") tend to be Muslims by name and self-delusion, they usually end-up negating their imaan with their incompatible liberal views.
Last edited by donemyAlevels; 4 weeks ago
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nah not really
(Original post by donemyAlevels)
If what you are saying is true then it is because most Muslims dwell in compound ignorance about their own Religion and lack spiritual fibre.
verycoolperson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
doesnt seem true to be honest
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This is absolute bliss compared to the sectarian hate that has been going on since the very beginnings of Islam.
EliteWhovian
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
First of all, let's start with the Hijabi Youtubers.

I myself am a Hijabi sister, and the backlash was very reasonable. Why? These Hijabi Youtubers built their career off of inspiring and helping very young Muslim girls to be more confident in their identity. These impressionable young girls look up to these people because it's incredibly rare to see Hijabis so popular and with the power to inspire others.

I'm not saying that they deserved hate, persay. I am saying that the backlash was inevitable. When you build a career off of a group and then betray them, of course people are going to get angry. She has a large platform, and she knows who's inside it but instead of taking that into consideration, she didn't bat an eye.

Also, don't you think that it's quite horrible that because these young girls are impressionable, taking off her Hijab will make them do the same?

I've seen the chain effect take place in some of my friends, and my friend's sisters.It's disturbing. (And yes, upon asking, they turn towards Dina.)

There's actually a lot of Fitnah that this women has brought to the Ummah and she deserves to be called out.
EliteWhovian
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Pkqueen)
It’s even worse in real life. It’s usually Muslim men that sleep with anything that has a pulse, drink, take drugs etc. but god forbid if a girl makes the choice of deciding not to wear the hijab. Nowonder so many Muslim girls are starting to marry out now and having to convert non-Muslim guys with crappy hypocritical men like these available. Get off your high horse.
Now you seem to be cherry-picking all the bad that you see in men. Almost like projecting. I get that you're frustrated but calling out the sins of a large body of people? Let alone comparing such acts to taking off the Hijab!
Xarao
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe look in the mirror, you hypocrite. You made a thread about wanting to fool around with guys yet you're judging the exact same type of people of the opposite gender.

You're part of the problem, grow up a little.

FYI her thread is here > https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5927490
Obolinda
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I didn't realise she was criticising them, rather pointing out their hypocrisy.
(Original post by Xarao)
Maybe look in the mirror, you hypocrite. You made a thread about wanting to fool around with guys yet you're judging the exact same type of people of the opposite gender.
Xarao
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
I didn't realise she was criticising them, rather pointing out their hypocrisy.
(Original post by Pkqueen)
It’s usually Muslim men that sleep with anything that has a pulse, drink, take drugs etc.
Don't think so.
Chemist123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not the majority but most still have quite outdated beliefs
I did not agree with a lot of the restrictive beliefs in the Quran so I am an athiest now

Regarding your question - I don't think it's fair to only point at men but at the same time whether we like it or not women have a LOT more rules to follow and are backlashed quite a lot.

For example - Although Dina Tokio too her headscarf off , not many realise that some of the fault is on her husband. He isn't religious that much and I think is worse than Dina. He makes a lot of unnecessary comments.
Obolinda
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you has included the wider quote, you would have seen it was a statement made in contrast to a woman simply taking of her hijab. And how it's hypocritical to complain about someone taking of hijab while doing all that stuff.
(Original post by Xarao)
Don't think so.
Pkqueen
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Xarao)

You're part of the problem, grow up a little.

FYI her thread is here > https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5927490
You obviously didn’t understand that thread.
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
agree
(Original post by EliteWhovian)
First of all, let's start with the Hijabi Youtubers.

I myself am a Hijabi sister, and the backlash was very reasonable. Why? These Hijabi Youtubers built their career off of inspiring and helping very young Muslim girls to be more confident in their identity. These impressionable young girls look up to these people because it's incredibly rare to see Hijabis so popular and with the power to inspire others.

I'm not saying that they deserved hate, persay. I am saying that the backlash was inevitable. When you build a career off of a group and then betray them, of course people are going to get angry. She has a large platform, and she knows who's inside it but instead of taking that into consideration, she didn't bat an eye.

Also, don't you think that it's quite horrible that because these young girls are impressionable, taking off her Hijab will make them do the same?

I've seen the chain effect take place in some of my friends, and my friend's sisters.It's disturbing. (And yes, upon asking, they turn towards Dina.)

There's actually a lot of Fitnah that this women has brought to the Ummah and she deserves to be called out.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Every group has some bad apples.
Most people are kind and friendly, but there will always be an unpleasant few would rather be vicious or worse.
It is the same with other religions, vegans and political groups.

Don't dwell on any of the darker aspects of society.
Focus on all the illuminating light, beauty and goodness in the world.
Coffee567
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It’s bound to happen
you will meet the selfish ‘pious’ people who use religion for their own gain they’re usually in position of religious authority so they knew that people view them as self righteous, unable to think to sin let alone acting on them

You will meet the egotistical people who ‘advice’ others that they’re praying incorrectly, and would demonstrate to them how to pray in other words patronising them

You will meet the judgmental people who give their unsolicited opinions and inputs on women’s choice of lifestyle while turning a blind eye to men’s mountains of sins and their inexcusable behaviour dismissing it as ‘men have needs’.

As for the ‘wallah bros’ they know that they are benefitting from their male privilege that let people give them the benefit of the doubt, make excuses and even justify his haram actions

There are genuine, understanding and empathetic people. They are out there lurking somewhere.
Justbeingmyself
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Because many religious people take it among themselves to "play God" and have a holier than thou attitude towards others.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (25)
25.25%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (31)
31.31%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (20)
20.2%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (8)
8.08%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (15)
15.15%

Watched Threads