Advanced Higher Biology and Chemistry Projects Watch

sioned22
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am about to go into sixth year, and am trying to have a think about what to do for my bio and chem projects. I want to study medicine so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or could share their experiences in investigating related topics? Thanks!
Teenie2
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There are a few medicine related chemistry investigations in this publication by SSERC (Scottish Schools Education Research Centre) http://info.sserc.org.uk/images/Chem...stigations.pdf There are some suggestions on page 4 and some more on aspirin and electrophoresis further on that might point you towards some ideas.

Sorry I've no help when it comes to medicine related investigations but the Royal Zoological Society of Scotland used to let you do behavioral studies at Edinburgh zoo and the Highland Wildlife Park - might be fun!
sioned22
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
this seems like a really handy document, thank you!
(Original post by Teenie2)
There are a few medicine related chemistry investigations in this publication by SSERC (Scottish Schools Education Research Centre) http://info.sserc.org.uk/images/Chem...stigations.pdf There are some suggestions on page 4 and some more on aspirin and electrophoresis further on that might point you towards some ideas.

Sorry I've no help when it comes to medicine related investigations but the Royal Zoological Society of Scotland used to let you do behavioral studies at Edinburgh zoo and the Highland Wildlife Park - might be fun!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (61)
21.63%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (97)
34.4%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.92%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.93%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
13.12%

Watched Threads