steph0468
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm currently studying Economics right now, having taken a financial accounting module in my first year. I got an internship this summer with PwC in Corporate and Indirect Tax, and I'm seriously considering a career in accounting. However, I'm not sure what type. Tax seems better as I dislike the travelling aspect of Audit.

Also, one thing I've seen come up as I do more research is the work-life balance. It seems as CPAs / those in public accounting work RIDICULOUSLY long hours (even more during busy season) compared to private accountants.

My questions are:
1) what are your experiences in accounting and moving to private accounting after a few years? Is it easy to get a job in private accounting?
2) Also, what types of accountants have the best work-life balance?
3) What do you recommend for a person like me, who has not done an accounting degree (with basic knowledge on accounting) who is looking into going into accounting, in terms of how to increase my knowledge?
ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by stephaniecheung)
I'm currently studying Economics right now, having taken a financial accounting module in my first year. I got an internship this summer with PwC in Corporate and Indirect Tax, and I'm seriously considering a career in accounting. However, I'm not sure what type. Tax seems better as I dislike the travelling aspect of Audit.

Also, one thing I've seen come up as I do more research is the work-life balance. It seems as CPAs / those in public accounting work RIDICULOUSLY long hours (even more during busy season) compared to private accountants.

My questions are:
1) what are your experiences in accounting and moving to private accounting after a few years? Is it easy to get a job in private accounting?
2) Also, what types of accountants have the best work-life balance?
3) What do you recommend for a person like me, who has not done an accounting degree (with basic knowledge on accounting) who is looking into going into accounting, in terms of how to increase my knowledge?
Hi

Just to check - what do you mean by private accountants? Oh, and CPA is an American term not widely known here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
26.97%
Not great so far... (281)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed