The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Overall classification

Hi! These are the regulations for aston regarding borderline candidates

Any candidate whose mark falls within a 2.0% band below automatic promotion will be CONSIDERED for promotion to the higher class. 3 Any candidate who has 50% or more of the 16 units listed below in the higher classification should be promoted automatically. RSC’s data modelling suggests that around 50% of candidates in the 2% band would be promoted. The calculation should be based on 16 Units: 12 units representing the final stage weighted appropriately, i.e. 20 credit modules count as 2 credit blocks; 2 units representing the average mark for the second academic stage (normally Stage 2); 2 units representing the average mark for the placement;
Where a candidate does not have marks from the second academic stage or from the placement (or any final stage modules which do not carry marks), these units are removed from the calculation and promotion is based on 50% or more of the remaining units.

My current overall is 69.4% (falling within the specified 2% band). If 20 credit modules are counted as 2 credit blocks, will 15 credit modules be 1.5 and 10 counted as 1?

If so i have 8.5/16 units that are firsts = 55% (passed the required 50%)
1 x 20 = 2
3 x 15 = 4.5
2 x 10 = 2
= 8.5

Does it automatically promote me to a first class?

Thank you
Original post by Anonymous

Any candidate whose mark falls within a 2.0% band below automatic promotion will be CONSIDERED for promotion to the higher class. 3 Any candidate who has 50% or more of the 16 units listed below in the higher classification should be promoted automatically. RSC’s data modelling suggests that around 50% of candidates in the 2% band would be promoted. The calculation should be based on 16 Units: 12 units representing the final stage weighted appropriately, i.e. 20 credit modules count as 2 credit blocks; 2 units representing the average mark for the second academic stage (normally Stage 2); 2 units representing the average mark for the placement;
Where a candidate does not have marks from the second academic stage or from the placement (or any final stage modules which do not carry marks), these units are removed from the calculation and promotion is based on 50% or more of the remaining units.

My current overall is 69.4% (falling within the specified 2% band). If 20 credit modules are counted as 2 credit blocks, will 15 credit modules be 1.5 and 10 counted as 1?

1 x 20 = 2
3 x 15 = 4.5
2 x 10 = 2
= 8.5

Thank you

yes it seems to be the case
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2

1 x 20 = 2
3 x 15 = 4.5
2 x 10 = 2
= 8.5

Thank you

Did you get promoted? 69.4 sucks I am in a similar position wondering if ill get promoted, I am on 69.1
Reply 3
hi, yes i did. best of luck!!
Reply 4
hi, yes i did. best of luck!!

Thanks! well done!! did you do a placement year? I didnt & Im wondering if those units will just be voided
Reply 5
Yes, I got 68.4% and got promoted to a 1st from a 2:1 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest