The Student Room Group

Rewards for exam grades?

if i get a 9 i get 100 pound, 8, 50 pound 7 20 pound. if i get 3 sevens and one eight, i get a tarantula. anyone else getting rewards for grades? i know some people get cars for getting all As
Right so explain how we go from £50 to £20 to a Tarantula? 🕷️

Is the Tarantula mathematically worth less than £20 so its a decreasing scale

or is the Tarantula a punishment?

or is 'a tarantula' code for something else entirely?

I didn't get any rewards, just rewarded that I wasn't disowned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(edited 4 years ago)
Nope I don’t see a point
My mum said she will give me 100 quid for every 8 i get because she knows i wont get grades anywhere near that :rolleyes:
On GCSE results day last year my parents got me bracelet and we went out, but they bought it before results day and would have gave it to me even if I failed because it’s not really that great to bribe your children to achieve things.
Original post by OctoberRain7
On GCSE results day last year my parents got me bracelet and we went out, but they bought it before results day and would have gave it to me even if I failed because it’s not really that great to bribe your children to achieve things.

There will be less motivation compared to whens there’s no reward. It’ll be harder to do in the future no offence
Original post by PetitePanda
There will be less motivation compared to whens there’s no reward. It’ll be harder to do in the future no offence

Idk it might be different for you personally but I’ve never felt less motivated because my parents don’t put pressure on me, I’ve become more self-motivated and I know that the is a reward of going to the uni I want and achieving my goals
I got a new phone from mum and brother. Gifts form close family and friends as I had a party with cAKE
Original post by OctoberRain7
Idk it might be different for you personally but I’ve never felt less motivated because my parents don’t put pressure on me, I’ve become more self-motivated and I know that the is a reward of going to the uni I want and achieving my goals

Awwww that’s good I totally understand and agree with that. I’m glad you are able to do that
(edited 4 years ago)
My cousin's parents gave her 10 grams of gold before every a level exam for luck :rolleyes: and gave her 150 for an A*, 100 for an A and 50 for a B.

Tbh I did get a car for my GCSEs and an upgrade for my a level results but I thought the gold was particularly silly.
Original post by _princessxox
My cousin's parents gave her 10 grams of gold before every a level exam for luck :rolleyes: and gave her 150 for an A*, 100 for an A and 50 for a B.

It's okay, the parents will get it back when she gets married. :tongue:
Original post by Palmyra
It's okay, the parents will get it back when she gets married. :tongue:

Lmao probably
Omg I remember seeing this on her story!
Original post by _princessxox

Tbh I did get a car for my GCSEs and an upgrade for my a level results but I thought the gold was particularly silly.
I get to go to Uni. lol
Original post by lmaooome
Omg I remember seeing this on her story!

Yeah she's spoiled lol

Quick Reply

Latest