The Student Room Group

Advice

Poll

do you think this guy is interested in me

Hey,
I am hopeful someone will be able to understand what is going on for me as I am not too sure.
There is a guy who I see every school morning as we are in opposite rooms to register, every morning he will speed walk past me with his head either at the floor or the opposite direction.

At lunch when we are sitting in the hall my friends catch him looking and glancing up over at the table I sit on.

My other friend also said she saw him watch me with his eyes walk across the hall but when I look over she is looking at her mates or at her food. Another time he was staring while eating he never even noticed the food fall off his fork and looked shocked.

these may seem like obvious signs but I am not too sure as he blanks me so often in the corridors like I am not even there and will say hi to my best friend or ask her how she is with me standing there never saying a word to me.

I hope some one with a look in from the outside can give me a new perspective on what is going on

Thanks in advance for any ideas on this strange behaviour or advice

xxx
(edited 4 years ago)
Okay I happened to be in a similar situation and have always regretted how I reacted.

The reason the guy ignores you when he walks past you is because he may be shy and doesn’t know how to strike up a conversation with you. He is staring at you because he is giving you a hint to go over and initiate the convo (and maybe it can lead to something more :tongue:) but this is just my guess based on experience.

My problem was I was shy too so just played the staring game with him and never got the courage to actually talk to him... oh well
Original post by Bluejewel01
Okay I happened to be in a similar situation and have always regretted how I reacted.

The reason the guy ignores you when he walks past you is because he may be shy and doesn’t know how to strike up a conversation with you. He is staring at you because he is giving you a hint to go over and initiate the convo (and maybe it can lead to something more :tongue:) but this is just my guess based on experience.

My problem was I was shy too so just played the staring game with him and never got the courage to actually talk to him... oh well

I totally agree.
He might as well be thinking you’d reject him or won’t allow him to talk to you. That’s why he hasn’t taken the step yet. Aside from that, he went for your friend as she maybe sounds social or welcoming to everyone.

If you’re into being a friend or more. Then you should maybe say hi or something. Sometimes it requires a push from one side to start it.

Also don’t follow the “He’s the guy, he should approach” mentality.

GL
Is this person male or female? Or does she change her sex on a regular basis?:biggrin:

Anyway, regardless, this person has the expected level of shyness. They like you and would be interested in getting to know you better.
Just start saying "Hi" to them and to the other people in their class. Get to know their names and start saying "Hi Sam! How are you doing today?"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending