The Student Room Group

Any last minute advise for A Level exams?

I’m taking Chemistry (AQA), Biology (AQA) & Maths (Edexcel). Does anyone have any last minute advise for studying?
Everyone says that I should make sure I cover the whole spec and make sure I have no knowledge gaps. Does anyone know how I can do this for Biology and Chemistry in particular, because I’ve gone through the entire textbook, made notes, flash cards and have done many exam style questions, but there still seems to be a disconnect somewhere. I have all the exampro questions and access to past papers but the actual exam questions always appear to be ambiguous gaining me only neutral answers which don’t actually count as marks in the real exam.

Please reply if you have any good application advice, or perhaps how I can get better at the AQA “suggest” type questions. Please share what you did last year if you managed to get an A/A* or if you started off with low grades at the beginning of A level and worked your way to a higher grade.

Thanks in advance.
look at the mark schemes on exam pro for all the high demand questions. Try and spot a pattern between all the 'suggest' questions mark scheme. Also learn key vocab from the markschemes and spec (because AQA MS are very specific). If you havent already, I printed out the AQA Spc (8 pages per sheet and then stapled to make a mini booklet) and highlight everything your're confident with, and work on what's not highlighted.
Also, for bio and chem, try Seneca
Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest