GYG Revision Diary - Journey to University Watch

username4706050
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi guys! I've never done one of these before, but I've seen others and always found it very interesting to watch how people progress and keep track of their grades over long periods of time on here, so I thought I'd make my own. I'm not sure this is as much of a GYG as more of a diary - I want to document what I'm studying, how I'm finding it, my grades in subjects, and maybe even uni application when the time comes.

To start off with, a little bit of background. I'm currently in Year 12 studying Maths, Further Maths, History and Psychology with predicted grades as follows:

Maths - A*
Further Maths - A*
History - A*
Psychology - A*

I'm taking maths in Year 12 and Further Maths in Year 13, so I'm only a few weeks off my first A Level which is scary! In case you were wondering, my GCSE grades are also below:

Maths - 9
English Lit - 8
English Lang - 9
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
History - 9
Geography - 9
French - 9
Business Studies - A*
Religious Studies - A*

My goal currently is applying to Oxford for BSc Mathematics for 2020 entry. It's a big goal, and I know the chances are low but I'm going to try my best to be successful in this!

I hope you enjoy following me on my journey through A Levels, and that this thread is somewhat interesting/helpful for you!
Aly Lim
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Your grades are pretty high!
Well done!
username4706050
Rep:
?
Thank you! 😊
(Original post by Aly Lim)
Your grades are pretty high!
Well done!
Aly Lim
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Your welcome

(Original post by bluebear25618)
Thank you! 😊
Aly Lim
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Good luck with your goal!
username4706050
Rep:
?
Thanks! Oxford is difficult but not impossible!
Good luck with your goal!
Aly Lim
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I’ve just taken my GCSE’s. I am hoping to go to a good sixth form then Oxford or Cambridge
Thanks! Oxford is difficult but not impossible!
Last edited by Aly Lim; 8 months ago
username4706050
Rep:
?
I hope they went well. Good luck with sixth form entry.
I’ve just Aiken my GCSE’s. I am hoping to go to a good sixth form then Oxford or Cambridge
Aly Lim
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Thanks and good luck with you entry to Oxford.
I hope they went well. Good luck with sixth form entry.
username4706050
Rep:
?
MAY HALF TERM

So its May Half Term! There's a lot I want to get done this week. My first A Level Mathematics exam is next week (!!!!) and I'm terrified! There's obviously a lot to get done for this and so that's my main focus this week. However, I do also have some homework from other subjects that I need to get done too. Going to be very busy! I have gotten my most recent report from school through, and this is as follows:

Maths - A*
Psychology A*
History - A*

And also got my end of year results through for the last two subjects (I didnt have an end of year exam for maths as I'm taking it this year).

Psychology - A*
History - A*

As I only start Further next year, these results aren't shown. I'm happy with these, definitely! My marks could've been a little higher, but I had to focus on maths, so it's okay.

I suppose I dont really have many distinct goals for this week, as it is more last minute revision. However, one my last exam is over (14th June), my targets will hopefully be a little more defined.

Here goes!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.89%
No- I want it (120)
26.67%
No- I don't want it (34)
7.56%

Watched Threads