Do the universities I applied to know if I have accepted the offer from another uni? Watch

neurorecep19
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I'm an international student, so I'm not quite sure how the system works. I am currently applying for postgraduate study. Since I apply directly to the universities (and not via UCAS), I have different deadlines in which I have to confirm/decline my offers. However, I would like to get get a confirmation of decisions from all the universities I applied for before I make a confirmed choice.

I have a vague idea of my first and second choice. Would the other universities know if I have accepted the offer from another university, and thereby withdraw my application?

I appreciate all the advice
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by neurorecep19)
Hi,

I'm an international student, so I'm not quite sure how the system works. I am currently applying for postgraduate study. Since I apply directly to the universities (and not via UCAS), I have different deadlines in which I have to confirm/decline my offers. However, I would like to get get a confirmation of decisions from all the universities I applied for before I make a confirmed choice.

I have a vague idea of my first and second choice. Would the other universities know if I have accepted the offer from another university, and thereby withdraw my application?

I appreciate all the advice
No, the universities won't know. The only circumstance in which they would know is if you applied for 2 courses within the same school/department (of the same university). You can accept as many as you like, but it's polite to withdraw your acceptances to the universities you don't want to attend once you know where you will be studying. You may also need to be careful about whether your acceptances tie you to paying fees of any kind.
neurorecep19
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Ah, that's good to know. Thank you so much!
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
No, the universities won't know. The only circumstance in which they would know is if you applied for 2 courses within the same school/department (of the same university). You can accept as many as you like, but it's polite to withdraw your acceptances to the universities you don't want to attend once you know where you will be studying. You may also need to be careful about whether your acceptances tie you to paying fees of any kind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (102)
35.05%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.62%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.71%

Watched Threads