The Student Room Group

I think I failed DT GCSE!

Hey I had my dt exam on Friday and I have a feeling I got a grade 3 or grade 4. I’m pretty sure my science grades and maths are going to be 8/9 and I am going to do Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths at A-Level because I want to become an engineer. Will Unis reject me when they look at my GCSEs and find out that I failed? (I wanna go to a Russell group Uni btw)

Scroll to see replies

How unlucky
I think DT is core for engineering so hopefully you will get a better grade
did you do AQA? i have a feeling most of us failed so grade boundaries should hopefully be pretty low and you’ll do better than you think you’ve done
do you do wjec eduqas?
Reply 5
Original post by yvdvgushv
did you do AQA? i have a feeling most of us failed so grade boundaries should hopefully be pretty low and you’ll do better than you think you’ve done

AQA did us dirty for that exam
Reply 6
Original post by elias riadi
do you do wjec eduqas?

why would it be that?
I did my dt exam yesterday as well but I do wjec exam board
Original post by HansAbd
why would it be that?
you think you failed it? i know i failed it.
tell me about it - it was awful

Original post by rke7241
AQA did us dirty for that exam
Original post by elias riadi
do you do wjec eduqas?

loooooooool your username, do you watch PAQ too
Original post by yvdvgushv
tell me about it - it was awful

Did you guys get 8.33% for one of the answers, that's what people got at my school?
Reply 12
Yh i did AQA. Nice to everyone shared the struggle😂
Reply 13
Idk if you know him but there's this youtuber called Ibz Mo. he got bad GCSE results but worked hard at a level and smashed them and got into Cambridge
You could practice your maths and art a bit more.
For maths you could do Corbett maths, tes or watch YouTube. You could practice your art by drawing random things at home, a website that helps you draw is drawing 101 tutorials
Technically it shouldn't affect your ability to go to a good uni since your maths and physics grades will be much more important.
Original post by Dinu1004
Hey I had my dt exam on Friday and I have a feeling I got a grade 3 or grade 4. I’m pretty sure my science grades and maths are going to be 8/9 and I am going to do Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths at A-Level because I want to become an engineer. Will Unis reject me when they look at my GCSEs and find out that I failed? (I wanna go to a Russell group Uni btw)
AstronomyAustin does have a point
Original post by AstronomyAustin
Technically it shouldn't affect your ability to go to a good uni since your maths and physics grades will be much more important.
In most cases GCSEs are only skimmed over. One anomalous GCSE won't do anything at all.
True
Original post by _gcx
In most cases GCSEs are only skimmed over. One anomalous GCSE won't do anything at all.

Quick Reply

Latest