The Student Room Group

A Level predicted grades- how do they work?

Hi,

I recently finished my year 12 mock exams in Maths, Further Maths and Physics. After learning of the grades I received I didn't know how to feel as I wasn't sure how they translated to my predicted grades. In Maths we sat an As exam- I was 20 marks clear of the threshold for an A. In my Further Maths I was half way between an A and A*. In Physics I got a B. Does anyone know how these grades translate in terms of predicted grades? Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
your school sets them! there is no other way of knowing what you'll be predicted without asking the school yourself.

sounds reasonable that you would be predicted between AAB to A*AA though
Reply 2
Original post by sotor
your school sets them! there is no other way of knowing what you'll be predicted without asking the school yourself.

sounds reasonable that you would be predicted between AAB to A*AA though

Oh right, I thought there might be some general thing that teachers tend to follow. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks so much for your response!
Reply 3
Original post by JKAY_
Oh right, I thought there might be some general thing that teachers tend to follow. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks so much for your response!

the general rule in my school was no more than 1 grade higher than your y12 grade, but there is leeway on this depending on how you work in class and what you need to get into uni. good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by sotor
the general rule in my school was no more than 1 grade higher than your y12 grade, but there is leeway on this depending on how you work in class and what you need to get into uni. good luck!

Thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest