The Student Room Group

HELP! Worry about potential pregnancy

So 2 days ago me (16 almost 17) and my girlfriend (17) were fooling around a bit, having dry sex i guess as we aren't too ready for proper sex, she was naked but i had my boxers on - and i came. I didn't really think about it until after dropping her off but i suddenly got worried over the possibility she could have gotten pregnant from that.. I'm sure the part of my boxers where i came didn't touch her and i stopped pretty quickly after and pulled away but it was bugging me. I told her, we went to get the morning after pill just to be sure, she took it 14 hours after this happened. What are the chances? She finished her period the day before but we just can't get the worry out of our heads.. and i can't go 3-4 weeks without confirming she isn't pregnant.. any advice or help please because i just can't stop worrying..
Highly, highly unlikely. Don't worry.

1. Unlikely but possible contamination - you ejaculated but possibly no clear and direct contact with the vagina, with boxers reducing the likelihood of viable contamination.

To be clear this wasn't the safest thing to do and next time: i) wearing a condom, ii) your partner talking to her doctor about her contraceptive options, iii) reducing the chances of contamination by wearing additional layers or better still engaging in less risky sexual actives; would be best for all parties.

2. Taking the morning after pill well within the window of effectiveness. 99% effective at stopping a viable and certain pregnancy, which it doesn't sound like yours likely was.

3. Her cycle being at a less than optimal time for fertilisation. (this is a tertiary point but as your referred to it)

So these things happen, well done for making a mature decision after the fact with the morning after pill. It'll probably have freaked you both out a little and there may well be some self-care and healing to do. Talking about it will help.

Buy some condoms and put one on before fooling around or fool around in a safer manner, apologise for being partly responsible for your GF having to take the morning after pill (and the stress involved), don't engage in the blame game, and talk to your girlfriend about what happened, how much you enjoyed it and how you can both make safe decisions in the future... if she'll ever let you come near her again.

:wink:
(edited 4 years ago)
Yes, pregnancy almost impossible. Relax.
Reply 3
Original post by JTfoxlove
Highly, highly unlikely. Don't worry.

1. Unlikely but possible contamination - you ejaculated but possibly no clear and direct contact with the vagina, with boxers reducing the likelihood of viable contamination.

To be clear this wasn't the safest thing to do and next time: i) wearing a condom, ii) your partner talking to her doctor about her contraceptive options, iii) reducing the chances of contamination by wearing additional layers or better still engaging in less risky sexual actives; would be best for all parties.

2. Taking the morning after pill well within the window of effectiveness. 99% effective at stopping a viable and certain pregnancy, which it doesn't sound like yours likely was.

3. Her cycle being at a less than optimal time for fertilisation. (this is a tertiary point but as your referred to it)

So these things happen, well done for making a mature decision after the fact with the morning after pill. It'll probably have freaked you both out a little and there may well be some self-care and healing to do. Talking about it will help.

Buy some condoms and put one on before fooling around or fool around in a safer manner, apologise for being partly responsible for your GF having to take the morning after pill (and the stress involved), don't engage in the blame game, and talk to your girlfriend about what happened, how much you enjoyed it and how you can both make safe decisions in the future... if she'll ever let you come near her again.

:wink:

Yeah i know i think we just got caught up a bit in the moment .. it took me a couple hours after to actually realise what we'd done .. Okay that's really good to know thank you. Yeah i only mentioned it because i spent a good 3-4 hours that night googling to see whether it was possible and several websites state it's quite unlikely to get pregnant right after your period ends so thankyou. We're definitely going to make every effort to be more careful now, am not putting her through this again.. she still talks to me thanks :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by Apachecow
Yes, pregnancy almost impossible. Relax.

Okay thank you, you don't understand how relieving this is to hear. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest