A-Level Advice Watch

Gcsefailure7776
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm currently doing gcses and found myself very overwhelmed by the amount of work towards the end, mostly because I didn't put enough work in at the start. Obviously I don't want the same to happen when I start a levels next year so I was wondering if anyone had any advice, particularly for year 12. I'm going to do maths, English lit and psychology if that helps. Thanks
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
David Chaura
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yes i can help
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
humble heroics
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
First of all, your username should not be GCSE failure as you can't be failing if you have aspirations for A-level.
Secondly, yes, your mentality has to be different when try to complete an A-level (Level 3) course. It requires constant study, a good deal of independence and a LOT of resilience. I guarantee you that there will be times which will make you question whether you can do it or second guess why you even took up the course but you must stick with it because it will pay off in the end.

Finally, you must be organised. Once you have confirmed you are doing the subjects, sort out your stationery (highlighters will be your friend). Buy individual binders for your subjects to put in your lesson notes. Buy flash cards for revision notes. The earlier you get prepared the better.

I've been through it (made the mistakes personally) and now I teach A-level so this advice is coming from both sides.
(Original post by Gcsefailure7776)
I'm currently doing gcses and found myself very overwhelmed by the amount of work towards the end, mostly because I didn't put enough work in at the start. Obviously I don't want the same to happen when I start a levels next year so I was wondering if anyone had any advice, particularly for year 12. I'm going to do maths, English lit and psychology if that helps. Thanks
livmeyer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi guys, I'm thinking of selling my A-Level Notes but have a couple questions if that's ok! If you were going to buy notes, would you prefer them handwritten (then photocopied) or typed? Would you prefer to be sent a paper copy or to download a pdf? How much would you be willing to pay for extensive notes or bulk sets of flashcards? Just wondering! Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (182)
32.62%
The paper was reasonable (273)
48.92%
Not feeling great about that exam... (62)
11.11%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
7.35%

Watched Threads