Name:  AF98D297-1ACF-44A7-970E-D14972228FBA.jpeg
Views: 43
Size:  15.5 KB
jonolethaby
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Abrasion - The sandpaper liek effect of sediment in a river rubbing and colliding against the river bed and banks, smoothing them out.
Hydraulic Action - The sheer force of water alone eroding rock. Associated with cavitation, joints/cracks forced apart as trapped air (from eddies) explosivley decompresses.
Solution - Certain solbule minearlas are elached away from the rock by the river (may be comprised of weak carbonic acid)
Attrition - The particles suspended in the river collide with each other, chipping and smoothing them so they become smaller and smoother downstream (ie pebbles)

Suspension - Small particles are ligth enough to be entrained in the flow of the river itself.
Traction - The alrger particles are rolled along the river bed.
Saltation - Particles bounce along the riverbed. Cycles of suspension and deposition in periods of high velocity

Erosion - Wearing away of rock by water (river)
Deposition - Energy of the water drops thus material can no longer be carried
Transportation - Energy of the river enough to move eroded and weathered material downstream.
username4621442
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks
(Original post by jonolethaby)
Abrasion - The sandpaper liek effect of sediment in a river rubbing and colliding against the river bed and banks, smoothing them out.
Hydraulic Action - The sheer force of water alone eroding rock. Associated with cavitation, joints/cracks forced apart as trapped air (from eddies) explosivley decompresses.
Solution - Certain solbule minearlas are elached away from the rock by the river (may be comprised of weak carbonic acid)
Attrition - The particles suspended in the river collide with each other, chipping and smoothing them so they become smaller and smoother downstream (ie pebbles)

Suspension - Small particles are ligth enough to be entrained in the flow of the river itself.
Traction - The alrger particles are rolled along the river bed.
Saltation - Particles bounce along the riverbed. Cycles of suspension and deposition in periods of high velocity

Erosion - Wearing away of rock by water (river)
Deposition - Energy of the water drops thus material can no longer be carried
Transportation - Energy of the river enough to move eroded and weathered material downstream.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads