[Poll] Which poem did you compare to? English Lit paper 2 Watch

Poll: Power and conflict -which poem did you compare to war photographer?
Ozymandias (0)
0%
London (0)
0%
Prelude (0)
0%
My Last Duchess (0)
0%
Charge of the Light Brigade (0)
0%
Exposure (2)
7.14%
Storm on the Island (2)
7.14%
Remains (13)
46.43%
Poppies (4)
14.29%
Tissue (1)
3.57%
The Emigree (1)
3.57%
Checking out me History (0)
0%
Kamikaze (5)
17.86%
Bayonet Charge (0)
0%
dannywayles
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Curious to see which ones were popular/less popular.
aliya19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The Emigreé for power and conflict
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
chibibotto
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm so basic, I compared to Remains like everyone else in my school but that's because I couldn't make a strong enough link to any others as I'm not great at English Lit lmao
watershower
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You know, I’m so mad 😂 I wanted this to be my poem for year of 2018, would have gotten an a for sure!
Instead we got bloody ozymandias
Olxvxa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
poppies for power and conflict but idk if it was a good idea as everyone did remains
chibibotto
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Personally I would have preferred Ozymandias haha
(Original post by watershower)
You know, I’m so mad 😂 I wanted this to be my poem for year of 2018, would have gotten an a for sure!
Instead we got bloody ozymandias
aliya19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Olxvxa)
poppies for power and conflict but idk if it was a good idea as everyone did remains
I know, everyone did remains in my school and I did The Emigreè. I'm starting to regret it now.
sonu2003
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yh Ozymandias is the easiest poem thats why the grade boundary was so high last year, it would go down this year
(Original post by chibibotto)
Personally I would have preferred Ozymandias haha
DaQuestioner
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Also, it was a specimen paper that they literally printed out and gave to them to do in the actual GCSE exam, so almost everyone had already seen the paper and practiced with it.
(Original post by sonu2003)
Yh Ozymandias is the easiest poem thats why the grade boundary was so high last year, it would go down this year
DaQuestioner
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Last year, I mean)
(Original post by DaQuestioner)
Also, it was a specimen paper that they literally printed out and gave to them to do in the actual GCSE exam, so almost everyone had already seen the paper and practiced with it.
chibibotto
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah, I remember the English teachers at my school were telling last year's year 11s not to revise Ozymandias as it was in the spec paper, and little did they know they going to end up with that one 😂
(Original post by DaQuestioner)
ihavegivenup
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Poppies was my choice for those of you were worried about it : these are the links I made ;
"Spools of suffering set out in ordered rows" --> "individual war graves" (linked with the physical effects of war, people dying and showing how it effects an individual )
"Solutions slop in trays " ---> "steeled the softening of my face" (linked with the idea of war causing PTSD/Long lasting affects of war)
"a half formed ghost " --- > "spasms of paper red" (linked with the idea of war causing PTSD through the idea of memory suppression OR it shows the brutality of war and how deadly war can be)
"he looks impressively from above where he makes his living and they do not care " ----> "I listened, hoping to hear your playground voice catching on the wind" (linked to the idea of how war can make a person ignorant to the suffering of society in WP and how it becomes a critique of society however in Poppies, the mother desperately wants her son)
I also linked other quotations like "released a songbird from its cage" and talked about their effects in some detail
hoping for a grade 6 !
chibibotto
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Those are some amazing points!
(Original post by ihavegivenup)
Poppies was my choice for those of you were worried about it : these are the links I made ;
"Spools of suffering set out in ordered rows" --> "individual war graves" (linked with the physical effects of war, people dying and showing how it effects an individual )
"Solutions slop in trays " ---> "steeled the softening of my face" (linked with the idea of war causing PTSD/Long lasting affects of war)
"a half formed ghost " --- > "spasms of paper red" (linked with the idea of war causing PTSD through the idea of memory suppression OR it shows the brutality of war and how deadly war can be)
"he looks impressively from above where he makes his living and they do not care " ----> "I listened, hoping to hear your playground voice catching on the wind" (linked to the idea of how war can make a person ignorant to the suffering of society in WP and how it becomes a critique of society however in Poppies, the mother desperately wants her son)
I also linked other quotations like "released a songbird from its cage" and talked about their effects in some detail
hoping for a grade 6 !
RazzzBerries
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh no, most of us did Remains :lol:
sonu2003
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yh, it was the best poem to link to, do u think talking about how Simon Armitage based his poem on a soldier who had ptsd is linked to context?
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Oh no, most of us did Remains :lol:
RazzzBerries
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sonu2003)
Yh, it was the best poem to link to, do u think talking about how Simon Armitage based his poem on a soldier who had ptsd is linked to context?
Yeah, I actually did that in the exam :lol: It was kinda a go to point for most Year 11s so let's hope is works :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (414)
18.63%
The paper was reasonable (1054)
47.43%
Not feeling great about that exam... (493)
22.19%
It was TERRIBLE (261)
11.75%

Watched Threads