The Student Room Group

How to choose the 5 universities

Hello, I want to do economics in the university. I am in year 12 now studying economics, maths, history and physics. I will be dropping physics for year 13 and continue with other 3 subjects. I will be submitting be UCAS application in Jan 2020 and October 2019 for Cambridge. What should I keep in mind while choosing the 5 university choices? Thank you
You would have to submit all 5 choices in October as far as I know. You should consider the cost of living if that is an issue for you (if you want to go to LSE or anywhere in London), you should look at employment and earnings after each course, you should go to open days and see if you like the 'feel' of the place. Also, check the different courses to see if it is what you would like (some may be more mathematical than other). Other than that, I am not really sure.
Original post by user2809
You would have to submit all 5 choices in October as far as I know. You should consider the cost of living if that is an issue for you (if you want to go to LSE or anywhere in London), you should look at employment and earnings after each course, you should go to open days and see if you like the 'feel' of the place. Also, check the different courses to see if it is what you would like (some may be more mathematical than other). Other than that, I am not really sure.

The OP is correct in saying that UCAS applications can be submitted in stages - Cambridge by Oct 15th and the rest later.
Original post by ageshallnot
The OP is correct in saying that UCAS applications can be submitted in stages - Cambridge by Oct 15th and the rest later.

Ok, I was not aware of that. Thanks.
Original post by user2809
Ok, I was not aware of that. Thanks.

It can be a useful tactic to hold 1-2 choices back, especially as Oxbridge decisions are made just before the January deadline for equal consideration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending