KMLeeson
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Do you think that the main beliefs of liberalism overlook and entrench forms of gender oppression and gender inequality? In addition, do you think that human rights are capable of protecting the human rights of women?
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Sounds like an essay question ...

Now you wouldn't try and dupe us into doing your work, would you?
KMLeeson
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
It's genuinely not an essay question. I have an exam in a couple of weeks and one of the seminars was on womens right as human rights and I tend to phrase the topics as questions as the question and answer format helps me remember things. Sorry if it sounded like I was trying to get you to do my work for me, I'm not! I think I understand how human rights, in reality, aren't universal and that historically, women haven't been recognized as citizens and therefore human which could undermine the concept of universalism but I'm struggling to broadly list ways in which human rights do and don't protect women other than the fact that they were written by men and follow the liberal feminist perspective where human rights don't recognise that women are different and therefore have different struggles. Right, I'm rambling now, sorry!
(Original post by Notoriety)
Sounds like an essay question ...

Now you wouldn't try and dupe us into doing your work, would you?
MindGarden
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
In first world countries, women have the same rights as men, they are considered human and have human rights
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?