Haven't had a friend for 5 years Watch

king98034
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi all,

Yesterday, I decided to go through old conversations on Whatsapp when I realised that I haven't had a conversation with anyone outside my family for 4 years. Last conversation was in February 2015 with a classmate.

I'm not sure how I've made it this long, I think I managed to ignore my loneliness with video games and music. In year 9, my friend group just abandoned me and began insulting me for no apparent reason. I think they found me annoying, since then I haven't really bonded with anyone. I don't want to annoy anyone, but could someone please talk to me?

I'm open minded and I would like to get to know someone, I don't mind listening to your problems too
TheRuralJuror
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
well i personally think it's impossible not to make new friends, how can someone judge you if they don't know you. in my first year of college I felt kinda lonely on the first day so I knew I had to make friends, so I did this crazy magical thing where I walked up to someone , sat next to them and introduced my self with a firm handshake.
as for your old buddies you could just simply apologize even if you weren't in the wrong, just say I'm sorry I was a jackass I was going trough some ****.

there's really no other way, you can't buy friends at the store, you just gotta make em.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by TheRuralJuror; 4 weeks ago
kungfuslothy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Apologizing if you weren't in the wrong? Do you even need those friends then?
(Original post by TheRuralJuror)
well i personally think it's impossible not to make new friends, how can someone judge you if they don't know you. in my first year of college I felt kinda lonely on the first day so I knew I had to make friends, so I did this crazy magical thing where I walked up to someone , sat next to them and introduced my self with a firm handshake.
as for your old buddies you could just simply apologize even if you weren't in the wrong, just say I'm sorry I was a jackass I was going trough some ****.

there's really no other way, you can't buy friends at the store, you just gotta make em.
Stormy15
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'll agree with TheRuralJuror here, if you don't have friends the only person's fault that is is YOURS.

If they said you're annoying, then more than likely you are, try not to be. Ask them how they find you annoying
(Original post by king98034)
Hi all,

Yesterday, I decided to go through old conversations on Whatsapp when I realised that I haven't had a conversation with anyone outside my family for 4 years. Last conversation was in February 2015 with a classmate.

I'm not sure how I've made it this long, I think I managed to ignore my loneliness with video games and music. In year 9, my friend group just abandoned me and began insulting me for no apparent reason. I think they found me annoying, since then I haven't really bonded with anyone. I don't want to annoy anyone, but could someone please talk to me?

I'm open minded and I would like to get to know someone, I don't mind listening to your problems too
TheRuralJuror
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kungfuslothy)
Apologizing if you weren't in the wrong? Do you even need those friends then?
usually when you aren't stubborn and consider each other people's feelings and want to keep relationships you need some sacrifices and stuff like that.
and also when a whole group of people agrees on the fact that your kinda annoying maybe your doing something wrong idk.

I personally I'm the kinda guy in a group of friends who hates everything or disagrees with everybody but I do it nicely and keep in mind peoples feelings. disagree with someone while still saying " but that's just my thought maybe your right" .

the thing people get wrong is that they think that society has adapt to they're feelings , instead it's the opposite. that way it goes in a circle!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (59)
22.1%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (91)
34.08%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (57)
21.35%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (25)
9.36%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (35)
13.11%

Watched Threads