Applying for 2 different courses at the same university Watch

eemmmmaaaaa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi!

I’m in the process of applying for post grad study - I have a really keen interest in both human rights and environmental issues!

I’d say my main is human rights - I’m looking to apply for International Human Rights Law (LLM) at Uni of Leeds and Leeds Beckett as a back up

My concern is that I won’t be accepted onto the course at Uni of Leeds - I have a 2:1 in Human Geography (BA) from Beckett which although may class as a ‘relevant social science’, I feel like I’m being extremely hopeful that this would be sufficient in moving onto a law based degree, after enquiring about my chances I haven’t received much clarification
hence my back up option to remain at Leeds Beckett studying Human Rights (MA)

My concern is heightened by a warning on the application that this course ignores the personal statement and goes off academic criteria alone!

I’m just wondering if it would be worth applying for an MSc in Climate Change also at Uni of Leeds - I feel I’d have slightly better chances of being accepted onto this course however I wouldn’t want to come across as unsure about my studies by submitting two applications in different departments?

Any help in deciding or advice in general is really appreciated!

Thanks!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by eemmmmaaaaa)
Hi!

I’m in the process of applying for post grad study - I have a really keen interest in both human rights and environmental issues!

I’d say my main is human rights - I’m looking to apply for International Human Rights Law (LLM) at Uni of Leeds and Leeds Beckett as a back up

My concern is that I won’t be accepted onto the course at Uni of Leeds - I have a 2:1 in Human Geography (BA) from Beckett which although may class as a ‘relevant social science’, I feel like I’m being extremely hopeful that this would be sufficient in moving onto a law based degree, after enquiring about my chances I haven’t received much clarification
hence my back up option to remain at Leeds Beckett studying Human Rights (MA)

My concern is heightened by a warning on the application that this course ignores the personal statement and goes off academic criteria alone!

I’m just wondering if it would be worth applying for an MSc in Climate Change also at Uni of Leeds - I feel I’d have slightly better chances of being accepted onto this course however I wouldn’t want to come across as unsure about my studies by submitting two applications in different departments?

Any help in deciding or advice in general is really appreciated!

Thanks!
Having had a look you just need to know if yours is a relevant social science. Just ring and ask.

As for applying for same uni other course, then that is fine. Just apply and see what offers you get.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (59)
22.1%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (91)
34.08%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (57)
21.35%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (25)
9.36%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (35)
13.11%

Watched Threads