The Student Room Group

Disqualification from GCSE's

Olay so long story short. Just did my technology exam with the OCR board yesterday. Didn't write anything in the test. Wrote a fake name another candidate number same centre number. What happens next? Do I get disqualified? If so from all my exams? Or just the OCR board ones? And how do I find out?

Scroll to see replies

I don’t think you would get disqualified ........ but I think you would just not get your exam result back but I have no clue.

Also why? For a joke or are you just that silly
Didn't want to take the exam. Are you sure because I've seen that apparently invigilators check that everyone who was entered for the exam has done it before they send it out. So once they see that I've put a fake one wouldn't they do something?
Original post by Talhawaseem02
I don’t think you would get disqualified ........ but I think you would just not get your exam result back but I have no clue.

Also why? For a joke or are you just that silly
Not sure ..... I’m 16 2 so I’m not that knowledgeable in this :smile:
Is there a way I could ask an invigilator what would happen?
Original post by Talhawaseem02
Not sure ..... I’m 16 2 so I’m not that knowledgeable in this :smile:
Original post by Rosie.lol
Didn't want to take the exam. Are you sure because I've seen that apparently invigilators check that everyone who was entered for the exam has done it before they send it out. So once they see that I've put a fake one wouldn't they do something?

Olay so long story short. Just did my technology exam with the OCR board yesterday. Didn't write anything in the test. Wrote a fake name another candidate number same centre number. What happens next? Do I get disqualified? If so from all my exams? Or just the OCR board ones? And how do I find out?

Why would they disqualify you? If you've written nothing, and you made up your name/candidate number then there is no work to award any credit for.

You could perhaps be a little bit grown up about it and inform your centre (school or college) about what you've done, rather than wasting everyones' time trying to track down an examination paper which to all intents and purposes doesn't exist.
Are you sure they won't disqualify me? How do you know? Are you a student or invigilator or something?
Original post by Reality Check
Why would they disqualify you? If you've written nothing, and you made up your name/candidate number then there is no work to award any credit for.

You could perhaps be a little bit grown up about it and inform your centre (school or college) about what you've done, rather than wasting everyones' time trying to track down an examination paper which to all intents and purposes doesn't exist.
Are you sure they won't disqualify me? How do you know? Are you a student or invigilator or something?

I'm neither of those things. I'm an examiner.

Anyone would think you were aiming to be disqualified! If you chose not to write anything in your exam, then the script will receive zero. End of. I presume there was no attempt to impersonate someone who was actually taking the examination? You just made up a name and candidate number out of petulance?

@Compost - what do you think about this girl's 'predicament', shall we say?
Yep exactly. So I wouldn't get disqualified?
You could’ve just not turned up to the exam if you didn’t want to do it. I doubt you’ll be disqualified but that is wild.
I know that would've been easier but I had an exam clash with tech which I meant I was being supervised the whole day, so I couldn't have escaped
Why do you even care if you didn't write anything?
I'm worried that I'm gonna get disqualified from all of my exams
Reply 13
To be honest, your more likely to have the school prevent you from taking anymore exams than the board for wasting the schools money.
If you wanted to leave the paper blank, then that’s your choice, but writing a fake name could lead to your school accusing you of impersonation
Original post by epicnm
To be honest, your more likely to have the school prevent you from taking anymore exams than the board for wasting the schools money.
If you wanted to leave the paper blank, then that’s your choice, but writing a fake name could lead to your school accusing you of impersonation

is there not a way to ask an invigilator (not mine of course) online what they think?
why would u do that?
Original post by Amnz_02
why would u do that?

didn't want to take the exam didn't want to be entered for the exam
didn't want to take the exam didn't want to be entered for the exam

u shouldn't went
I had an exam clash so I was surprised the whole day

Pointless close this thread please

Quick Reply

Latest