Chickenpanda101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What are people’s revision timetable and schedule for this half term, especially if you’re aiming for top grades (8/9s)

I feel quite burnt out by now and I’m planning on doing a fair amount of revision every day but I dont want to max out.

I know style of revision varies from person to person but I just want to get an idea of how other people are coping.
HateSchx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What year you in?
whyamialive
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What's a time table?
username4626084
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you’re an actual machine. You can do 1 chapter per day and answer its questions. When you’re done with your chapters, try revising them on shorter periods i.e. if you finished all the chapters for 1 subject in 14 days, try to do them in 9/10 days.

If you’re human, half term break is meant to take a pause from your studies. Because it’s basic once you go for long-term study aka semester or term. Your mind needs rest. If you kept studying without a break or mind clear. You’ll most likely reach to a point when you will keep reading the same thing over and over tho it’s easy but you won’t understand it. It’s know as Mind Block.
jamesbarry17
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name:  Revision-Timetable-1.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  10.5 KB
HateSchx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jamesbarry17)
Name:  Revision-Timetable-1.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  10.5 KB
How did you get a hold of my timetable? 🧐
SpacePatroFan189
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I managed to get 4 hours done today
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
OP ..I work with TO-DO Lists, for example, today's was:
Maths-graphs/difficult topics
C6 Flashcards/go over c4
Go over B4 Flashcards
Geography Flashcards- paper 2
Eng lang- P1 Q5/Ambitious vocab

Also...I don't time my revision..I just make sure I get everything done! Good luck ...as long as you revise effectively you can get the grades you want!
username4691980
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I never revised for GCSEs, only really reading the book the morning of the exam whilst waiting with my friends. Never used a revision timetable also.

Ya'll wasting your time, go and play football in the park or something.
whyamialive
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MilkshakeMalties)
I never revised for GCSEs, only really reading the book the morning of the exam whilst waiting with my friends. Never used a revision timetable also.

Ya'll wasting your time, go and play football in the park or something.
Some people want to get the best grades they can; if that worked for you then it's fine, but don't expect others to be like you.
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by whyamialive)
Some people want to get the best grades they can; if that worked for you then it's fine, but don't expect others to be like you.
Exactly!
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
do take time to rest up, i've literally spent the last two days sleeping lol
a little everyday is good, there aren't many more exams left so you could spread things out nicely over the coming weeks.
just remember every exam is just a couple hours closer to summer!
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mez_merising)
do take time to rest up, i've literally spent the last two days sleeping lol
a little everyday is good, there aren't many more exams left so you could spread things out nicely over the coming weeks.
just remember every exam is just a couple hours closer to summer!
Same...Last 2 days have been blessed.
Baby_Mama
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Today Im chilling start again tomorrow focusing on the subjects I find hardest first then easiest as the week unfolds
Maximus 190
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Going to be doing around 7 ours on weekdays. I did 5 not very efficient hours today, was so tired. So tomorrow I’m going to only do around 5 hours again, but I should be more rested so I’ll try and get a lot done. 8 days now until I’m back in hell.

I have to go through the entire of history (160 pages left), and geography paper 2, and business studies, and biology and get good at English language writing!
The rest I can do the day before the exams or on the weekend between the exams.

If I didn’t take history, I would probably do 5 hours a day tops.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (75)
37.31%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (22)
10.95%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.47%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (50)
24.88%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.44%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed