Car damages by car park Watch

G_Singh145
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I entering a car park and it has a large bump with spikes on it that fall flat when the car drives over it one way. But I powered my car to 3000 revs (It is a very weak car power wise), and it went to the top of the is of the bump and started to roll back even though it was being rev’d high and the spikes caught my car and have damaged the steering and almost pulled the bumper off. The car park place are saying there is nothing we can do it’s not our fault. But spikes on top of the very large bump is an awful design. Am I or the car park to blame for this?
G_Singh145
Rep:
?
(Original post by G_Singh145)
So I entering a car park and it has a large bump with spikes on it that fall flat when the car drives over it one way. But I powered my car to 3000 revs (It is a very weak car power wise), and it went to the top of the is of the bump and started to roll back even though it was being rev’d high and the spikes caught my car and have damaged the steering and almost pulled the bumper off. The car park place are saying there is nothing we can do it’s not our fault. But spikes on top of the very large bump is an awful design. Am I or the car park to blame for this?
Sorry I also forgot to mention this was on a incline too
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You for not being able to get over a bump that countless other people manage perfectly fine day in day out.
G_Singh145
Rep:
?
But the bump is on a steep incline
(Original post by IWMTom)
You for not being able to get over a bump that countless other people manage perfectly fine day in day out.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
But the bump is on a steep incline
Your point being? Everyone else manages it just fine..
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This ^
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
StriderHort
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sounds like your mistake, safely climbing an incline without rolling back is a key skill, it's not their fault if your car can't do that :/
ladyalpatera
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Sounds like your mistake, safely climbing an incline without rolling back is a key skill, it's not their fault if your car can't do that :/
I agree.
G_Singh145
Rep:
?
And how do you know everybody else has managed it fine?
G_Singh145
Rep:
?
Or is a bad design having a punishing 1 way system on a hill with spikes large enough they don’t pop your tires like they are meant to it catches on to the underside of your car. Plus it’s illegal to use such a measure without proper signs with there weren’t any
(Original post by StriderHort)
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Or is a bad design having a punishing 1 way system on a hill with spikes large enough they don’t pop your tires like they are meant to it catches on to the underside of your car. Plus it’s illegal to use such a measure without proper signs with there weren’t any
No it's not. You're just incapable of a basic driving maneuver.

And how do you know everybody else has managed it fine?
I'd imagine there wouldn't be anyone in the car park with tires intact if they hadn't...
G_Singh145
Rep:
?
No it's not. You're just incapable of a basic driving maneuver.

I'd imagine there wouldn't be anyone in the car park with tires intact if they hadn't...
Lol doesn’t really matter what you say anyway, the local police department agreed with the poor design and lack of signs. So the car park are taking full liability
Unexpectedly
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lol doesn’t really matter what you say anyway, the local police department agreed with the poor design and lack of signs. So the car park are taking full liability
Glad you got a verdict in your favor.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So why bother posting?
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Of course it did... despite the fact this wasn't a criminal problem therefore the Police had no jurisdiction...

Nice change to your story though - it's your fault.
G_Singh145
Rep:
?
Verdict was reached while the post was live
(Original post by ageshallnot)
So why bother posting?
G_Singh145
Rep:
?
Vehicle damaging mechanism without proper signs make the a criminal offensive, also due to poor design and not registered to use such a system, have made them liability
Of course it did... despite the fact this wasn't a criminal problem therefore the Police had no jurisdiction...

Nice change to your story though - it's your fault.
TheTroll73
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Vehicle damaging mechanism without proper signs make the a criminal offensive, also due to poor design and not registered to use such a system, have made them liability
is this in the UK?
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You are absolutely clueless.
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Verdict was reached while the post was live
Convenient
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (194)
73.21%
Jeremy Hunt (71)
26.79%

Watched Threads