The Student Room Group

Tips for summer depression & anxiety?

for as long as I can remember my mental health has always deteriated over the summer holiday. It's too much free time for my brain and I start to overthink massively. I have tried for the past few years to bury myself in work, exercise, seeing friends and revising work from the academic year, but it never ends up being enough and I know about 2 weeks in ill have slipped into depression. I really cant cope with it this year, and despite not having symptoms yet, the thought of feeling like that again is making my skin crawl and i'm on the verge of a panic attack. Aswell, this is the end of my first year of uni. uni saved my mental health, and I don't know what I'm going to do with myself for 4 months. I'm not even a hardworker, I just need something to worry about so I'm not left with my own thoughts. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Original post by Twoteas
uni saved my mental health

Lucky minority :wink:

Long term distraction such as finding a summer job?
Reply 2
I was at such a low before i started that uni was a welcome escape, im sure the stress will pile on next year tho :biggrin: have been looking today but i cant really find anything local to me.
Original post by centraltrains
Lucky minority :wink:

Long term distraction such as finding a summer job?
I would suggest trying to be more spontaneous. Just get some friends together and do stuff. try to start as soon as possible. If you can afford it I would suggest ho on holiday with friends or just some festivals. Use this time to properly discover what makes you happy in life.

Quick Reply

Latest