Praying in Islam Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello,
I've recently reverted back to Islam after a long journey of hardship.

During the time I wasn't practising, I forgot how to pray. Despite being ashamed, I'm determined to make it back. I've been given some resources already but I'm quite confused.

If any Muslim could help me out:
1) What's the munajat dua?
2) During each rakat, what surah do we read after al-Fatihah?
3) How do we read additional units? E.g. I know how to read 4 rakats for Isha, but how do I begin and end the rest?

I posted in relationships to stay anon by the way
RuqayyahAslam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello, the fact that you have come back to the religion is something to be proud of, so please don’t be hard on yourself!
I can answer no 2 for you. You can read any Surah you want such as Surah Iklaas, Surah Naas, Surah Falq, Surah Kafiroon. And of course there are many more. Hope that helps!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RuqayyahAslam)
Hello, the fact that you have come back to the religion is something to be proud of, so please don’t be hard on yourself!
I can answer no 2 for you. You can read any Surah you want such as Surah Iklaas, Surah Naas, Surah Falq, Surah Kafiroon. And of course there are many more. Hope that helps!
Thank you, I've been quite scared of being judged even though I'm discovering faith again
Okay so there's no specific order or anything? And you always do Al Fatihaha with another surah even in the first rakat?
RuqayyahAslam
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You’re welcome and some Muslims don’t even practice at all so don’t worry about judgement 😊And no order Fatiha and then a Surah 👍🏼
Anonymous #1
Thank you! Praying in Islam is very complicated - but rewarding of course. Thanks again! I'm quite sad I've decided to start praying again now with only 10 nights left of Ramadan, but better late than never
(Original post by RuqayyahAslam)
You’re welcome and some Muslims don’t even practice at all so don’t worry about judgement 😊And no order Fatiha and then a Surah 👍🏼
user2809
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Allahu akbar. simples
RuqayyahAslam
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you! Praying in Islam is very complicated - but rewarding of course. Thanks again! I'm quite sad I've decided to start praying again now with only 10 nights left of Ramadan, but better late than never
Honestly Ramadan is the best time and you will get rewarded. And you’re welcome 😝
Last edited by RuqayyahAslam; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
What do you mean by 3)? Are you on about 2 nafal or sunnah prayers that are not part of the 5 salah/prayers?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
What do you mean by 3)? Are you on about 2 nafal or sunnah prayers that are not part of the 5 salah/prayers?
Okay so each prayer is made up of obligatory units. For Asr, you must do 4. You can do an additional 4, and I was wondering how this would work
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.69%
The paper was reasonable (1176)
54.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (469)
21.64%
It was TERRIBLE (182)
8.4%

Watched Threads