The Student Room Group

How to stop being jealous?

We’re not even in a serious relationship but I get so jealous when he talks to other girls. Like today a coworker was texting him, they weren’t flirting but I was really jealous. He also has a lot of female friends, one which he is close to and I feel so jealous, almost feel sick. I’m thinking of breaking it off because I can’t anymore.
Reply 1
I know the problem is with me, I just can’t deal with it but I really like him.
Reply 2
Anybody
Get over it, I guess? Feel like this will happen with any other guy you find yourself interested in, even if you break it off with him. There will always be other girls in the world and it's completely unreasonable to expect your boyfriend to have no interaction with them.
Reply 4
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Get over it, I guess? Feel like this will happen with any other guy you find yourself interested in, even if you break it off with him. There will always be other girls in the world and it's completely unreasonable to expect your boyfriend to have no interaction with them.

Which is why I’m asking how do I stop being this way? Because not only do I want to break up but it makes me kind of depressed a little.
Once you stop caring
Just stop
Honestly a real man wouldn’t ever make you feel that way. Even if he has female friends, he wouldn’t make you feel like you’re competing or whatever. Break up with him.
Reply 8
This is more of an insecurity issue. In a relationship, many tend to feel that their partner should only focus on them out of their fear of their partner cheating or the feeling of inadequacy in comparing themselves to who their partner is talking to. You should talk to him and explain your feelings to him, but you should NOT demand him to stop speaking with other females purely because you get jealous. It's simply childish, the both of you will get nowhere and will have a lack of trust in each other. Once you've ascertain the trust between the both of you, you can start to build your confidence and self-esteem.

Men and women can be friends but you both should be aware of the moral limits.
Ur not alone dear.. But sometimes faith is all we have... Dont lose it over jealousy... Tell him... Communicate!!!
Original post by kkboyk
This is more of an insecurity issue. In a relationship, many tend to feel that their partner should only focus on them out of their fear of their partner cheating or the feeling of inadequacy in comparing themselves to who their partner is talking to. You should talk to him and explain your feelings to him, but you should NOT demand him to stop speaking with other females purely because you get jealous. It's simply childish, the both of you will get nowhere and will have a lack of trust in each other. Once you've ascertain the trust between the both of you, you can start to build your confidence and self-esteem.

Men and women can be friends but you both should be aware of the moral limits.

Thank you for this. It is an insecurity of mine because I do feel that I’m not as pretty as the girls his talking to so I feel like that he will probably cheat or something similar. Which is why I need to have confidence in myself first.
Original post by user2809
Just stop

Ah okay, thanks for the great advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending