Rittaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello Guys
I applied for the international foundation program (IFP) for medicine at Cardiff university and I am having a Skype interview after 2 weeks from now...
is this different from the medicine interview as it's for the IFP course?
please answer
thanks
meddad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rittaa)
Hello Guys
I applied for the international foundation program (IFP) for medicine at Cardiff university and I am having a Skype interview after 2 weeks from now...
is this different from the medicine interview as it's for the IFP course?
please answer
thanks
On the Cardiff University website it says the following, which is similar to the type of questions you get asked at many Medicine interviews:

A100 - MBBCh
All applicants who are offered a place on the IFP for Health and Life Sciences with a view to progressing to a degree course in Medicine must apply through UCAS whilst on the Foundation Programme to meet the 15 October 2019 deadline. Please note that entry to the Medicine course is extremely competitive and is subject to making a successful UCAS application and interview.

Applications to study on the IFP for Health and Life Sciences are assessed in two separate stages:

1. Consideration of the IFP application form and supporting evidence submitted

2. A short talk or interview via Skype

During the interview via Skype we will talk to you about your application, focusing on your understanding of the demands of medicine, what makes a good doctor, your caring ethos, team work and sense of responsibility. We would also like to know how you balance your studies with other activities. One key area will be to assess your communication skills.

Final decisions on applications received for the IFP for Health and Life Sciences for Medicine will be made in early July 2019. We will score all IFP applications equally against all other international applications received.

Applicants also need to take the national University Clinical Admissions Test (UCAT) from July-October 2019. You can find comprehensive information on this (including specimen test questions) on the UCAT website.

Applicants whose UCAS application and interview for Medicine are successful will be made a conditional offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (665)
33.52%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (845)
42.59%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.41%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise