RAF FAM Visit Watch

charliechalk85
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Good morning everyone,

Has anyone done the RAF FAM visit this year and if so, what standard do you have to get to on the fitness test?
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by charliechalk85)
Good morning everyone,

Has anyone done the RAF FAM visit this year and if so, what standard do you have to get to on the fitness test?
Unfortunately I have not :nope:
However have popped your thread into Armed Forces (closest to RAF :whip: )
Hopefully you may get some more useful responses! :bump:
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Good morning everyone,

Minimum pass standard.
charliechalk85
Rep:
?
Thank you.. did you do it??

(Original post by AlphaTango)
Minimum pass standard.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you.. did you do it??
But, with it being only a few weeks before you start, you should be fit enough to score in the light blue anyway.
charliechalk85
Rep:
?
Sorry can you just pipe down...
(Original post by Drewski)
But, with it being only a few weeks before you start, you should be fit enough to score in the light blue anyway.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sorry can you just pipe down...
Actually no. You need the dose of reality. What happens if, on the day, they decide that actually they're not going to do the bleep test, but instead the 2.4k run out on the field? Are you going to turn around and say you've not practised? Or are you just going to get on and do it?

I've been there, I've done it, I know the guys who will be your DS.

Old adage: train hard, fight easy. You'll hear it a lot during the course, but it starts now. If you're fit enough now it doesn't matter what test they throw at you or with what parameters - because that's always subject to change.

(And just to illustrate my point, the sports hall flooded a couple of times during my IOT - admittedly a while back - and I was in CHOM on Friday, and heard that it's been without heating and hot water for 6 months. If the accommodation is like that, how well looked after do you think the sports facilities are?)
Last edited by Drewski; 4 weeks ago
charliechalk85
Rep:
?
At no stage have I said I am not fit enough or I am unable to meet the standards nor do I take kindly to been told that I need a reality check, I have trained hard will continue to do so. I asked a simple question that did not warrent an assult on my fitness levels.

Unless you are going to post anything constructive, I kindly ask you to stop replying.
Actually no. You need the dose of reality. What happens if, on the day, they decide that actually they're not going to do the bleep test, but instead the 2.4k run out on the field? Are you going to turn around and say you've not practised? Or are you just going to get on and do it?

I've been there, I've done it, I know the guys who will be your DS.

Old adage: train hard, fight easy. You'll hear it a lot during the course, but it starts now. If you're fit enough now it doesn't matter what test they throw at you or with what parameters - because that's always subject to change.

(And just to illustrate my point, the sports hall flooded a couple of times during my IOT - admittedly a while back - and I was in CHOM on Friday, and heard that it's been without heating and hot water for 6 months. If the accommodation is like that, how well looked after do you think the sports facilities are?)
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
At no stage have I said I am not fit enough or I am unable to meet the standards nor do I take kindly to been told that I need a reality check, I have trained hard will continue to do so. I asked a simple question that did not warrent an assult on my fitness levels.

Unless you are going to post anything constructive, I kindly ask you to stop replying.
And I didn't say you weren't fit enough, you jumped to that conclusion. Your situation means you're ideally prepared for whatever comes your way, which is the best place to be.

Conceivably, there's a reason why you've not been explicitly told what the standard on the day is going to be...
charliechalk85
Rep:
?
It says green on the letter we were sent.. I was just double checking
And I didn't say you weren't fit enough, you jumped to that conclusion. Your situation means you're ideally prepared for whatever comes your way, which is the best place to be.

Conceivably, there's a reason why you've not been explicitly told what the standard on the day is going to be...
NFI
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It says green on the letter we were sent.. I was just double checking
Double checking official information against the internet?

Whatever the first timing is be there at least an hour before and if it says smart civilian attire then wear your school tie.
venet
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It'll be the standard fitness test; assuming you're age 17-29 and male that's 9.10 on bleep test, 20 press ups, 35 sit ups.
Fam visit is just to green standard, they'll stop when you reach the required level ie it's not best effort like on OASC. It'll be nothing more than that and you wont be asked to do anything unexpected.
Careful on the press ups and sit ups, it catches people out. Not the end of the world if that happens as you can retake the fitness test before IOT commences, but its hardly the best start.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (192)
73%
Jeremy Hunt (71)
27%

Watched Threads