Uni of Manchester accommodation help! Burkhardt house or liberty park Watch

Seana3145
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I cant decide between these two halls. If anyone has lived there, I would greatly appreciate if you could tell me about your experience there :-)
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Chrisx1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If I were you I would go with Liberty Park even though it's a bit more expensive than Burkhardt. First of all, Burkhardt has fairly good sized rooms, however the ensuite bathroom is awful. Like it is so small that you can barely fit in there. Second of all, due to the poor ventilation system it is prone to a lot of mould, which can become very annoying ( I was constantly cleaning the walls every month because they would get mouldy). The wardrobe is very small ( and I mean so small that you cannot store more than 6 items of clothing on the rack) and if you want to put T-shirts or jeans etc, you're gonna have to stack them on top of each other because the wardrobe has no shelves whatsoever) . The kitchen is definitely better than Liberty's since you have two fridges and ovens, sinks etc, however this is because you share it with 7 other people, whereas at Liberty you only share it with three people. The wifi is also annyoing, since it uses the uni's wifi (eduroam) and a lot of people are utilising it at the same time so it is prone to constant outages. At Liberty you have a separate private wifi network which is 5x much better. Another advantage is that you only share the flat with 3 people at Lib, but 7 people at Burkhardt. Also, Liberty has 7 washing machines and dries, whereas Burkhardt only has two of each for an entire hall (which I find quite ridiculous) . Moreover, Liberty is 5 mins closer to uni that Burkhardt. The rooms at Liberty are much bigger and if you're lucky enough to get the Premium Ensuite then you will live in a very nice and cozy room (honestly, the bathroom and wardrobe are huge). However, you may get the Classis Ensuite which is not bad but is smaller than the Premium, but nonetheless much better than the standard Burkhardt room. Overall, if I could choose my 1st year accommodation again, I would go with Liberty Park.
Hope I've answered your question and gave you some ideas which may or may not influence your choice of accommodation? *P.S: this was all from personal experience, having finished my 1st year and lived in Burkhardt Hall. Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you have any!
(Original post by Seana3145)
I cant decide between these two halls. If anyone has lived there, I would greatly appreciate if you could tell me about your experience there :-)
Seana3145
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Thank you so much!! I think I will go with liberty park then 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.19%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.6%
It was TERRIBLE (144)
7.7%

Watched Threads