AQA A-Level RS Paper 1 - Philosophy of Religion & Ethics - 4/6/19 Watch

Gwil
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
This exam's just around the corner, so we need somewhere to discuss our revision together

Evil Homer
Gwil
Rep:
?
How are you revising? I have self, death and the afterlife and free will and moral responsibility left to revise, and am then planning to do some practice papers. I'm really nervous about this paper, especially the timing. Any tips would be appreciated!
student101234523
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
what are peoples predictions on what's going to come up??
NanaA23432
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey, for revision I am making plans for essays.From tomorrow , I am doing timed questions ~

No idea on how to start revising for Paper 2 yet

My timing is an issue too so I need to practice.
Last edited by NanaA23432; 7 months ago
Gwil
Rep:
?
(Original post by student101234523)
what are peoples predictions on what's going to come up??
Anything's possible, but since the problem of evil and religious language have come up both in last year's paper and in the sample set, I doubt they will feature a third time. This makes all the other topics likely - I'm tempted to think the existence of the soul/the afterlife will be in there somewhere. As for Ethics, Situation Ethics hasn't come up yet, and neither have Bentham and Kant, so those are likely possibilities. But at the end of the day it's best to be ready for everything
(Original post by NanaA23432)
Hey, for revision I am making plans for essays.From tomorrow , I am doing timed questions ~

No idea on how to start revising for Paper 2 yet

My timing is an issue too so I need to practice.
Yeah, timed essays are so important. Now all I need to do is to find the time to do them :rolleyes: I still need to revise self, death and the afterlife and brush up on religious experience and free will and moral responsibility.
fionastudiess
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Currently revising, are you guys reviewing the entire two books or solely based on the summaries?
amberyr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
i haven't started revising yet just making sure my notes are quite good and as for paper 2 no idea yet
username4515420
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I finished my notes up around about a month ago just finished up typing them all up and now just gonna go through my essay structure and timing , im really nervous for this paper as its the same day as my chem . Also i agree with you i cant see religious language coming up again and i cant see any of the arguments coming up this year at all if i was too predict whats coming up this year take this with a pinch off salt ;

section A philosophy ;
Religious experience as a double question so as a 10 and a 15
Miracles
self life after death maybe Plato and Aristotle?

Section B ethics;
Situation ethics with applications too animals blood-sport etc..
conscience
natural moral law
Bentham and Kant

Hope revisions going well for everyone share some ideas on how you guys are revising the key points off content so close too the exams!

(Original post by Gwil)
How are you revising? I have self, death and the afterlife and free will and moral responsibility left to revise, and am then planning to do some practice papers. I'm really nervous about this paper, especially the timing. Any tips would be appreciated!
JoeBacon3000
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi, I just wanted to ask whether all the religious language topics within the book come under one topic and if it is possible to get away with skipping all of them out.
(Original post by MidLad78)
I finished my notes up around about a month ago just finished up typing them all up and now just gonna go through my essay structure and timing , im really nervous for this paper as its the same day as my chem . Also i agree with you i cant see religious language coming up again and i cant see any of the arguments coming up this year at all if i was too predict whats coming up this year take this with a pinch off salt ;

section A philosophy ;
Miracles

Section B ethics;
conscience
natural moral law
Bentham and Kant

Hope revisions going well for everyone share some ideas on how you guys are revising the key points off content so close too the exams!
username4515420
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey , i dont think its ever worth skipping something out fully as it can still appear in the dialogues section in the next paper but im pretty certain it wont be in there next week , but that doesnt mean skip it breifly do it its always worth it last think you want is too panic in the exam hope this helps let me know if you need anything
(Original post by JoeBacon3000)
Hi, I just wanted to ask whether all the religious language topics within the book come under one topic and if it is possible to get away with skipping all of them out.
Rohhoe
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
1. Explain the Design argument 10 marks.

2. ‘The soul will not carry on in the afterlife.’ Evaluate this claim. 15 marks

3. Explain the nature of religious experiences 10 marks

4. ‘It is difficult to verify religious experiences.’ Evaluate this claim 15 marks
username4515420
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Cant see design coming up at all , other than that i agree i do think miracles will be in their
(Original post by Rohhoe)
1. Explain the Design argument 10 marks.

2. ‘The soul will not carry on in the afterlife.’ Evaluate this claim. 15 marks

3. Explain the nature of religious experiences 10 marks

4. ‘It is difficult to verify religious experiences.’ Evaluate this claim 15 marks
kathleenbcruz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
hey guys any quick advice on how to structure answers and how long they should be??? e.g 10 markers etc. we didn't get much advice on how much to write. I think I've been writing enough lately, just want to know everybody else opinions

thanks
Rohhoe
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I think design will come up
Cant see design coming up at all , other than that i agree i do think miracles will be in their
username4515420
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I meann i hope so but it was on the locked specimen material so cant see it coming up miracles has not been seen anywhere so imo thats a definite
(Original post by Rohhoe)
I think design will come up
Nansi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

section A philosophy ;
Miracles

Section B ethics;
conscience
natural moral law
Bentham and Kant

Same I have chemistry the same day!! it's going to be a long day
username4515420
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Uhhh trust me what exam board you for chem? you feeling ready for r.s and chem??
(Original post by Nansi)
Same I have chemistry the same day!! it's going to be a long day
Gwil
Rep:
?
(Original post by kathleenbcruz)
hey guys any quick advice on how to structure answers and how long they should be??? e.g 10 markers etc. we didn't get much advice on how much to write. I think I've been writing enough lately, just want to know everybody else opinions

thanks
The official guidance is that 10 mark questions should be roughly 350 words, and 15 markers should be 450, but of course quality is more important than quantity. As for structure, it doesn't really matter for the 10 markers, but for the 15 markers you should have an introduction, several points with arguments and counter-arguments, always linking back to the question, and a conclusion.

I'm sooo nervous for Tuesday this paper seems to require so much speed and concentration.
Student2177
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

section A philosophy ;
Miracles

Section B ethics;
conscience
natural moral law
Bentham and Kant

I really hope bentham and kant dont come up
Student2177
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm really worried about the Christianity paper, nothing seems to be going in. What do you think the predictions might be and any tips to help?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (76)
15.11%
1 (69)
13.72%
2 (65)
12.92%
20.48%
20.28%
5 (88)
17.5%

Watched Threads

Latest