Career Options Watch

Chrysoberyl Rove
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So i wanted to ask whether u can pursue med without taking bio in A levels or not? I once got to know that u were supposed to take either chem or bio for med. Secondly, what other career choices could u make with math, phy and chem taken in A levels?
blue2019
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
mostly for any medical or science related undergraduate courses in university you have to pick a science as A level whether it's A level or BTEC applied it depends on you.
you might want to research the sort of uni course you want to chose (that is medical related) and see what sort of science course you really need in A level

however many times people get away with taking a medical course as foundation in university and then doing an undergraduate course. so really you don't need to be soo worried if you did not take any science courses
(Original post by Chrysoberyl Rove)
So i wanted to ask whether u can pursue med without taking bio in A levels or not? I once got to know that u were supposed to take either chem or bio for med. Secondly, what other career choices could u make with math, phy and chem taken in A levels?
GrapefruitBread
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd double check for confirmation but you might be able to get away with it for med - however it will limit the medical schools you can apply to (most normally want chem and another science/maths, bio and another science/maths or chem and bio. As an A-level I feel its perhaps the most interesting of the three sciences but that's purely subjective!

As for the others you could obviously do anything involving chem/physics/maths directly (though not an expert I've heard FM is an asset on some physics courses if not requirement at some of the more highly ranked universities) as well as engineering. Computer science would probably be possible to at a guess. Hope that helps .
Chrysoberyl Rove
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
if we took chem, phy and math, could we go in for med?
secondly, what precisely is in mechatronics? if some student could tell me. i know this is a bit incoherent but what r the prospects on IT related stuff? and any career in chem that is practical?
(Original post by GrapefruitBread)
I'd double check for confirmation but you might be able to get away with it for med - however it will limit the medical schools you can apply to (most normally want chem and another science/maths, bio and another science/maths or chem and bio. As an A-level I feel its perhaps the most interesting of the three sciences but that's purely subjective!

As for the others you could obviously do anything involving chem/physics/maths directly (though not an expert I've heard FM is an asset on some physics courses if not requirement at some of the more highly ranked universities) as well as engineering. Computer science would probably be possible to at a guess. Hope that helps .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads