Getting master's degree in animation at Bournemouth or Teesside? Watch

Zackecto
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey everyone, I got an offers for postgraduate animation at both Bournemouth and Teesside.
Which one of them is a good place to study animation at? I'm an international student graduated from Fine Arts in Egypt.
I mean like does it worth learning there or it is not the place for studying animation and then to start working in that field? would i gain good experience in this collage? Or is the online school better in that? I don't want to be just wasting time.
Also the difference between two courses is that the postgraduate course at Teesside includes a one semester placement working full-time in industry. But Bournemouth don't have this feature.
That's why i feel like Teesside if better because of this, as an international student it is a good opportunity for me to go for an internship. But when it comes to the study itself, I read online review saying that Bournemouth is better.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Online review where? Getting work experience always helps. You can ask or look up where grads end up and what sorts of work/research opportunities there will be.
(Original post by Zackecto)
Hey everyone, I got an offers for postgraduate animation at both Bournemouth and Teesside.
Which one of them is a good place to study animation at? I'm an international student graduated from Fine Arts in Egypt.
I mean like does it worth learning there or it is not the place for studying animation and then to start working in that field? would i gain good experience in this collage? Or is the online school better in that? I don't want to be just wasting time.
Also the difference between two courses is that the postgraduate course at Teesside includes a one semester placement working full-time in industry. But Bournemouth don't have this feature.
That's why i feel like Teesside if better because of this, as an international student it is a good opportunity for me to go for an internship. But when it comes to the study itself, I read online review saying that Bournemouth is better.
Zackecto
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
Online review where? Getting work experience always helps. You can ask or look up where grads end up and what sorts of work/research opportunities there will be.
People in the industry itself are saying that Bournemouth graduates are better than Teesside.
alleycat393
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
People in the industry itself are saying that Bournemouth graduates are better than Teesside.
There’s your answer then but I’d be wary if it’s just one review depending on the source. Also bear in mind that as you’re not from the UK or EU you’re unlikely to get a job here.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by alleycat393; 2 weeks ago
Zackecto
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
There’s your answer then but I’d be wary if it’s just one review depending on the source. Also bear in mind that as you’re not from the UK or EU you’re unlikely to get a job here.
You are saying "you’re unlikely to get a job here." .. so that means that the Teesside course is better because it got a placement? or in both ways i wont get a job there?
alleycat393
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You are saying "you’re unlikely to get a job here." .. so that means that the Teesside course is better because it got a placement? or in both ways i wont get a job there?
You’re unlikely to get a job here anyway whether you do a placement or not. That’s down to your passport and the laws here. But a placement will give you experience which will be transferable to wherever else you want to work. So as far as I’m concerned the placement is more beneficial. However if people in the industry prefer Bournemouth graduates then clearly the placement doesn’t mean much. But again I’d be wary about where these reviews are coming from and how many of them there are.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by alleycat393; 2 weeks ago
tusucks
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A friend taking a MSc at Teesside was mucked around endlessly for her internship. She was fobbed off, ignored and has had a bad experience.
I'm told that Teesside are steadily losing their good staff. Go to Bournemouth.
BU Students
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you have an offer from Bournemouth University or the Arts University Bournemouth? Both have great reputations in this field.

We offer several postgraduate animation courses, which one have you applied for?

Bournemouth is a popular choice for international students (uni and language schools), do you have any questions about the area at all?

If you think you'll enjoy studying the masters and experience uni and living in the UK then please don't see it as a waste of time, it'll be an amazing experience. We also have a careers service that could help you look for some part time work whilst here, they would be aware of what work you are eligible for, there may also be voluntary projects you could work on to help your employability. Do you plan on staying in the UK after the course?

Please get back to me regarding the above questions so I can help.

Vicki
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.97%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.97%
It was TERRIBLE (293)
12.38%

Watched Threads