AQA A Level History: Revolution and Dictatorship, Russia 1917-53 Predictions Watch

wastedcuriosity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Was just wondering if anyone had any predictions for the paper on 5 June!
greenteascratchy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Haven't seen many threads for this topic so I'm glad I have someone else!

In terms of predictions I'm not very good but if I remember, my teacher mentioned that it could be to do with the Great Patriotic War, State Capitalism/War Communism possibly? Or even foreign policy (yikes!)

Hope this helps? If you had any good essay plans for topics I would really appreciate it!
haswright
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My teacher is saying Stalin's final years might come up. Probably something to do with society in Stalin's final years or something.
(Original post by greenteascratchy)

In terms of predictions I'm not very good but if I remember, my teacher mentioned that it could be to do with the Great Patriotic War, State Capitalism/War Communism possibly? Or even foreign policy (yikes!)

Hope this helps? If you had any good essay plans for topics I would really appreciate it!
Arnieparnie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Would foreign policy be in regards to Stalin?

greenteascratchy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Arnieparnie)
Would foreign policy be in regards to Stalin?
Yes as in towards the end of the syllabus because they haven't really put in any questions about the end of his dictatorship yet, so it's a guess by my teacher.
Guest_user
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My teacher said that the February revolution, ww2 and NEP hasn't been covered yet so they might be mentioned
Arnieparnie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Oh yeah that does make sense. Thanks!
Yes as in towards the end of the syllabus because they haven't really put in any questions about the end of his dictatorship yet, so it's a guess by my teacher.
EJ_Barker
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I believe the NEP came up for the AS paper this year with a section B on the consolidation of power for the Bolsheviks or collectivisation during the red terror. I'm hoping now they will test us on the end of the syllabus from Stalin's foreign relations during the 1930s onwards. I just hope the paper is a good one!
(Original post by Guest_user)
My teacher said that the February revolution, ww2 and NEP hasn't been covered yet so they might be mentioned
Guest_user
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Ah wasn't aware of that! PRAYING it is a good one aha
(Original post by EJ_Barker)
I believe the NEP came up for the AS paper this year with a section B on the consolidation of power for the Bolsheviks or collectivisation during the red terror. I'm hoping now they will test us on the end of the syllabus from Stalin's foreign relations during the 1930s onwards. I just hope the paper is a good one!
Jody rea
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
What about the purges
HazenDazen
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5829476 Third (I think) comment lists what has appeared along with predictions for what will come up, pretty last minute but maybe this might be useful to anyone reading this looking to do some last minute panic revision.Best of luck tomorrow!
Last edited by HazenDazen; 4 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
26.97%
Not great so far... (281)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.34%

Watched Threads