The Student Room Group

Hair nets

Just a quick Q, the kit list says "hair nets" however I'm not sure if they mean bun nets as that would make more sense to me. Could anyone inform me what they mean? I'm fairly certain they mean bun nets but just wanted to check, I'm sure I can probably get them from the shop at Halton but can probably find them cheaper online and am trying to stick to a rough budget for the kit list :smile:

PS I feel like somewhere I saw that hair bands weren't to be worn on parade? I was just wondering about this as I don't know how I would put my hair up without one haha!
Reply 1
Bun nets.

Kit list was written by a guy.
[QUOTE="marveldinosaur;83486984"]Just a quick Q, the kit list says "hair nets" however I'm not sure if they mean bun nets as that would make more sense to me. Could anyone inform me what they mean? I'm fairly certain they mean bun nets but just wanted to check, I'm sure I can probably get them from the shop at Halton but can probably find them cheaper online and am trying to stick to a rough budget for the kit list :smile:

PS I feel like somewhere I saw that hair bands weren't to be worn on parade? I was just wondering about this as I don't know how I would put my hair up without one haha![/QUOTE
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ladyalpatera
parade? are ya in army cadets mate? they mean bun nets if you are lol

If you looked at which forum you're posting in you'd realise the OP is talking about joining the forces full time, not playing dress up with kids.
Haha, thank you, that did cross my mind:tongue:
Original post by Drewski
Bun nets.

Kit list was written by a guy.
Original post by Drewski
If you looked at which forum you're posting in you'd realise the OP is talking about joining the forces full time, not playing dress up with kids.

my phone doesn't show me the forum lol so sorry, I'd assume they'd have common sense and I was only trying to help 🙄
Original post by marveldinosaur
Haha, thank you, that did cross my mind:tongue:

good luck in the army, what are you gonna do? I'm considering joining as a doctor when I'm older lol
Reply 7
Just a quick Q, the kit list says "hair nets" however I'm not sure if they mean bun nets as that would make more sense to me. Could anyone inform me what they mean? I'm fairly certain they mean bun nets but just wanted to check, I'm sure I can probably get them from the shop at Halton but can probably find them cheaper online and am trying to stick to a rough budget for the kit list :smile:

PS I feel like somewhere I saw that hair bands weren't to be worn on parade? I was just wondering about this as I don't know how I would put my hair up without one haha!

Hair nets or bun nets, they do the same job so it doesn't matter which you use! I don't think the kit list has been updated from back in the day when there were only hair nets, bun nets are a more recent innovation. You can find them in supermarkets or places like Boots and Claire's accessories.

Day-to-day you can wear self-coloured or black hairbands and self-coloured combs, but I don't know about parades.
I'm joining the RAF as an Aerospace Systems Op😁
Original post by ladyalpatera
good luck in the army, what are you gonna do? I'm considering joining as a doctor when I'm older lol
Awesome thank you👍
Original post by Surnia
Hair nets or bun nets, they do the same job so it doesn't matter which you use! I don't think the kit list has been updated from back in the day when there were only hair nets, bun nets are a more recent innovation. You can find them in supermarkets or places like Boots and Claire's accessories.

Day-to-day you can wear self-coloured or black hairbands and self-coloured combs, but I don't know about parades.
I'm joining the RAF as an Aerospace Systems Op😁

awesome, good luck

Quick Reply

Latest