‘bestfriend’ issues Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hii,

So recently me and my ‘bestfriend’ have kind of lost any connection. She has a lot of friends now, and invited me to go clubbing with these friends to which I said, no thanks i’ll pass, and she replied with ‘you’re boring’.

I dont think we seem to have anything common left anymore. I’m kind of struggling with my oen poor mental health and I dont think she understands.

Is this normal? What do I do in this situation?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
PetitePanda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wtf she shouldn’t say you’re boring that’s rude. If you didn’t want to go, she should’ve respected that. If you want change or a bit distance from her, you could make new friends or focusing on yourself and maybe helping your mental health even a bit (idk much about mental health so I’m really sorry). However, if you want to still be her friend, you could talk to her about it or just be there for her (but if she isn’t there for you, if I was you, I wouldn’t want to be treated like that and find new people). I’m really sorry if this isn’t helpful; you don’t have to follow to my suggestions but I hope you feel better? I’m so sorry
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Wtf she shouldn’t say you’re boring that’s rude. If you didn’t want to go, she should’ve respected that. If you want change or a bit distance from her, you could make new friends or focusing on yourself and maybe helping your mental health even a bit (idk much about mental health so I’m really sorry). However, if you want to still be her friend, you could talk to her about it or just be there for her (but if she isn’t there for you, if I was you, I wouldn’t want to be treated like that and find new people). I’m really sorry if this isn’t helpful; you don’t have to follow to my suggestions but I hope you feel better? I’m so sorry
Thank you for the advice !
You see the thing is, I dont have many friends in the first place, and Im not someone that finds it particularly easy making friends either. She’s my pnly friend that I’ve kept in contact with for years now and I’m not sure if cutting her off is the right thing to do. We’ve made plans for the summer e.g going travelling, but in all honesty im not sure thats the best idea. Firstly, because she is a lot more well off than I (so I dont want to have any awkward conversations as naturally I will be on a budget during this trip as I’ll be earning my own money for it), and secondly because if she already thinks im ‘boring’- perhaps travelling together isnt the best idea.

I’m in two minds about the whole thing
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you for the advice !
You see the thing is, I dont have many friends in the first place, and Im not someone that finds it particularly easy making friends either. She’s my pnly friend that I’ve kept in contact with for years now and I’m not sure if cutting her off is the right thing to do. We’ve made plans for the summer e.g going travelling, but in all honesty im not sure thats the best idea. Firstly, because she is a lot more well off than I (so I dont want to have any awkward conversations as naturally I will be on a budget during this trip as I’ll be earning my own money for it), and secondly because if she already thinks im ‘boring’- perhaps travelling together isnt the best idea.

I’m in two minds about the whole thing
You don’t have to cut her off but widen your friendship group while still being with her. You can always find friends - Ik you can do it so dw about that. Are you sure she’s still on for those plans for the summer?
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Spend less time with her, she sounds negative
Hii,

So recently me and my ‘bestfriend’ have kind of lost any connection. She has a lot of friends now, and invited me to go clubbing with these friends to which I said, no thanks i’ll pass, and she replied with ‘you’re boring’.

I dont think we seem to have anything common left anymore. I’m kind of struggling with my oen poor mental health and I dont think she understands.

Is this normal? What do I do in this situation?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PetitePanda)
You don’t have to cut her off but widen your friendship group while still being with her. You can always find friends - Ik you can do it so dw about that. Are you sure she’s still on for those plans for the summer?
Yeah, im pretty sure. We’ve been planning it for months. I think she’ll get kinda mad if I suddenly say i’ve changed my mind when I’m the one who encouraged it in the first place
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SlightlySummer)
Spend less time with her, she sounds negative
I think because she is my ‘bestfriend’ its hard not to talk to her/ spend time with her. I’ve know her for around 8 years and cutting her off isnt an option, i dont think ?
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah, im pretty sure. We’ve been planning it for months. I think she’ll get kinda mad if I suddenly say i’ve changed my mind when I’m the one who encouraged it in the first place
If you’re pretty sure then that’s good I hope you guys have fun for the summer - hopefully you’ll become less distant on it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.2%
The paper was reasonable (1037)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (143)
7.66%

Watched Threads