InfinityMist
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, does anyone have any Britain:migration, empire and people notes and tips on exam technique?
Pro Gamer 2003
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I do it.
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Use Seneca for content.
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
History GCSE lol, wait until you do a History degree.
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You will get the final question like this:
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Has war and violence been the main factor in causing the settlement of people in Britain?
Explain your answer with reference to war and violence and other factors.
Use a range of examples from across your study of Migration, empires and the people:
c790 to the present day.
[16 marks]
[SPaG 4 marks]
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
First Paragraph: Is the factor of war. You cannot get more than at least 10 marks if you don't talk about war. Use examples. E.g. The windrush migrated from West Inides and emigrated to Britain. Then talk about the importance of this. This is important becuase...

Second and third paragraph is two different factors. E.g. Economy and Religion. Use examples: Economy - Irish Famine. Religion - Jewish Persecution, Huguenots. Talk about the importance. Also talk about what they have done to Britain. Huguenots were skilled craftsmen. Irish people created roads and canals in the industrial revolotion.

Conclusion - Justfied argument. You might disagree and think economy might be the main factor. E.g. the irish famine as disease spreaded around ireland so many people emigrated to britain.

This should get you around 15-20 marks.
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You cannot get more than 10 if you don't answer the question.
InfinityMist
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Pro Gamer 2003)
You cannot get more than 10 if you don't answer the question.
Thanks so much! I really do appreciate it. Do you think Seneca alone with exam prep be sufficient for a high grade?
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maybe a grade 5 or 6. But you need to ask your history teacher what's lacking you from getting a high grade. I am predicted a 5. My teacher has been ill for most of this year. We have a cover teacher who knows nothing. 2 history teachers left and my other history teacher is on maternity leave and we are only left with one history teacher. So I do revision myself and use GCSEPod for paper 1 and paper 2 except for migration as GCSE Pod don't do migration. I also understand the exam structure and I alsoi understand the mark scheme. We also had a professional history teacher for a month but then he left. So yeah it was very hectic for me so I had to do it all by myself. If I get a 5 or above I would be very pleased. I am really good on migration and Elizbeth. But not good at cold war and germany.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (186)
43.66%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.5%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.75%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
20.89%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (44)
10.33%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.87%

Watched Threads