Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
tips on how to do an all- nighter
i always end up failing and fall asleep
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's unwise to stay up all night. Just sleep.
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don't go on TSR, drink energy drinks

Spoiler:
Show
though it's bad for u
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
What a stupid thing to do
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Would like to start off by saying I do not recommend all nighters as they can do more harm than good.

However, if left with no other choice (which can happen sometimes), get yourself 2/3 monster energy drinks and focus on the main topics of your subject

That was the "safer" option. You could also pop a Modafinil and that can help you focus all night
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
amazingwordsx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
i've got a week off so i dont understand how it'll do more harm than good ?? but thanks for the advice
(Original post by shameful_burrito)
Would like to start off by saying I do not recommend all nighters as they can do more harm than good.

However, if left with no other choice (which can happen sometimes), get yourself 2/3 monster energy drinks and focus on the main topics of your subject

That was the "safer" option. You could also pop a Modafinil and that can help you focus all night
amazingwordsx
Rep:
?
stfu or ill chop it off

(Original post by Anonymous)
What a stupid thing to do
ThunderBeard
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Then why bother?
(Original post by amazingwordsx)
i've got a week off so i dont understand how it'll do more harm than good ?? but thanks for the advice
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Try to stay outside in the cold for some time if you get tired.
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ah, I didn't know that. So you have a whole week off to be at home? My suggestion is to just study during the day, everyday for like 8 hours (with breaks of course). But anyways, I say it can do more harm than good because 1)It messed with your sleeping schedule 2)If it's the night before an exam some people cannot function properly when the time to sit the exam comes 3)Even if it works you will feel incredibly tired and worn out after your exam

Let's say you're lucky and, you did this, and you ended up with symptoms from no.3 (I did). It can take a good few days before you even feel fine again. It can exhaust your mind and body. It's best to just study during the day for the full week and have a good nights sleep every night
Athenaxx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I literally did an all nighter for my chemistry exam GCSE last week and it went great but I wouldn't recommend it cos I've been doing them since the dawn of time so my body is accustomed to it...but if you're gonna do it don't drink coffee or anything that will give u short bursts of energy, try to eat stuff that will give u a long store of energy and I normally listen to really loud music so I don't fall asleep and also don't go near Ur bed or the couch! It's too tempting!
amazingwordsx
Rep:
?
my exams are like a day after another so im going to be f*cked
i cant revise during the day, I be busy and get carried away. and at night everyone's asleep so I find it much easier I get a lot of work done when I'm not around people.
hopefully, I get no.3 symptoms LOL im going to get like 5 energy drinks and drink some coffee and reckon ill do it from now till 6am ? sounds decent crazy?
Ah, I didn't know that. So you have a whole week off to be at home? My suggestion is to just study during the day, everyday for like 8 hours (with breaks of course). But anyways, I say it can do more harm than good because 1)It messed with your sleeping schedule 2)If it's the night before an exam some people cannot function properly when the time to sit the exam comes 3)Even if it works you will feel incredibly tired and worn out after your exam

Let's say you're lucky and, you did this, and you ended up with symptoms from no.3 (I did). It can take a good few days before you even feel fine again. It can exhaust your mind and body. It's best to just study during the day for the full week and have a good nights sleep every night
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i cant revise during the day, I be busy and get carried away. and at night everyone's asleep so I find it much easier I get a lot of work done when I'm not around people.
hopefully, I get no.3 symptoms LOL im going to get like 5 energy drinks and drink some coffee and reckon ill do it from now till 6am ? sounds decent crazy?
Damn...if they are a day after another I definitely do not recommend this. You could pull this off once but more than that is highly unlikely. You'd burn out fast. I've done the 5 energy drink thing with my last exam this year, but if I was to have another one the day after, I'd have been screwed 100%. How many exams do you have in total?
Serbian_2000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
my bed is in my room, like the bed is the whole room 😭😭😂😂😂😂
(Original post by Athenaxx)
I literally did an all nighter for my chemistry exam GCSE last week and it went great but I wouldn't recommend it cos I've been doing them since the dawn of time so my body is accustomed to it...but if you're gonna do it don't drink coffee or anything that will give u short bursts of energy, try to eat stuff that will give u a long store of energy and I normally listen to really loud music so I don't fall asleep and also don't go near Ur bed or the couch! It's too tempting!
amazingwordsx
Rep:
?
Chemistry Paper 1- 4th June
Biology Paper 1- 6th June
Chemistry Paper 2- 11th June
Biology Paper 2- 13th June
Biology Paper 3- 17th June
Chemistry Paper 3- 19th June

YEAH BASICALLY THEY'RE ALL IN JUNE FFFFFFSSSSSSSS
is it too late lol 🌚
Damn...if they are a day after another I definitely do not recommend this. You could pull this off once but more than that is highly unlikely. You'd burn out fast. I've done the 5 energy drink thing with my last exam this year, but if I was to have another one the day after, I'd have been screwed 100%. How many exams do you have in total?
Athenaxx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Same but I normally just sit on the hard floor😅 I have chronic back pain as a result
(Original post by Serbian_2000)
my bed is in my room, like the bed is the whole room 😭😭😂😂😂😂
DontSweat
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
By the way you speak in this, don't suppose you're up for good grades anyway lmao, knock yourself out with as many all-nighters as you like.
amazingwordsx
Rep:
?
that made me feel 69% better thanks you's
(Original post by DontSweat)
By the way you speak in this, don't suppose you're up for good grades anyway lmao, knock yourself out with as many all-nighters as you like.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
Oooof you’ve sacrificed your back for your education, My back hurts too whenever I sit, either the table is too low or the chair is too high for the table lmao and then my back hurts 😂😂😂 Sitting on the floor sounds even worse, Imagine your parents walking in thinking your doing some ritual HAHAAAHHAAA 😂😂😂 😂😂😂
(Original post by Athenaxx)
Same but I normally just sit on the hard floor😅 I have chronic back pain as a result
Athenaxx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh my lord😂 I've sacrificed more than my back for my education tbh I even lost friends cos they always ask me to go out to parties or do shopping but I always decline and instead revise but I guess it's all gonna be worth it in 10 years when I'm a rich doctor and they're toilet cleaners married to roadmen
(Original post by Anonymous)
Oooof you’ve sacrificed your back for your education, My back hurts too whenever I sit, either the table is too low or the chair is too high for the table lmao and then my back hurts 😂😂😂 Sitting on the floor sounds even worse, Imagine your parents walking in thinking your doing some ritual HAHAAAHHAAA 😂😂😂 😂😂😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (289)
31.86%
The paper was reasonable (436)
48.07%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
12.02%
It was TERRIBLE (73)
8.05%

Watched Threads