Mid GCSE, brain dead Watch

Maximus 190
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’ve been working really hard for the last 2 weeks cramming in all the revision for exams. I have a half term now, but I’m absolutely exhausted and cannot revise. Even if I manage to scramble to the desk and get my head in a book, it doesn’t go in.

Any tips on how to re-energise myself quick so I can make use of this half term? I’ve tried cycling to get some blood flowing but it just made me more tired.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
lemmens
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Maximus 190)
I’ve been working really hard for the last 2 weeks cramming in all the revision for exams. I have a half term now, but I’m absolutely exhausted and cannot revise. Even if I manage to scramble to the desk and get my head in a book, it doesn’t go in.

Any tips on how to re-energise myself quick so I can make use of this half term? I’ve tried cycling to get some blood flowing but it just made me more tired.
I’d really recommend taking a break, and it sounds like it would be a very well-earned one!! Rest is just as important as revision when it comes to exams, and you need to be careful that you don’t burn yourself out before your gcses end. Give yourself time to just sleep and chill out, you deserve it and it won’t negatively affect your exam performance; if anything it will improve it!! Your brain needs to relax, so let yourself have that time now before exams begin again
Maximus 190
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lemmens)
I’d really recommend taking a break, and it sounds like it would be a very well-earned one!! Rest is just as important as revision when it comes to exams, and you need to be careful that you don’t burn yourself out before your gcses end. Give yourself time to just sleep and chill out, you deserve it and it won’t negatively affect your exam performance; if anything it will improve it!! Your brain needs to relax, so let yourself have that time now before exams begin again
Thanks for the response, I would really love to rest but I can’t. I have an entire GCSE of history to learn and some geography, business, English etc. If I rest now I’ll be stressing even more in the following weeks and I won’t get the grades I really want. Although this morning I feel much more refreshed so I think I’m back in business.
lemmens
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Maximus 190)
Thanks for the response, I would really love to rest but I can’t. I have an entire GCSE of history to learn and some geography, business, English etc. If I rest now I’ll be stressing even more in the following weeks and I won’t get the grades I really want. Although this morning I feel much more refreshed so I think I’m back in business.
I was in your position last year, and taking one day out can do wonders!! Nothing is more important than mental health, and you really do deserve a break, even if it’s just a small one.

I’m glad to hear that you’re feeling more refreshed now though, and I wish you the best of luck with all of your exams!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.2%
The paper was reasonable (1037)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (143)
7.66%

Watched Threads