A-levels or BTEC Watch

cbutler100
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi there,
so im considering my options pot school and im stuck deciding between doing A-levels or Btec next year. I have no idea what i want to do with my life so i applied to do Engineering BTEC at one college as this si something that im vaguely intrested in and Computing BTEC at another for the same reason. I also have a place in sixth form but the only subject i know that i would do there is Graphic design A-level not sure what i would do for the other 2 alevels. I know this doesnt help but im not really intresed in anythign particular, i just like school. any advice
MariannaL
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What are your predicted grades like? If they’re high I suggest A levels as they really do keep your options open and if they’re not amazing then BTEC as you’ll struggle less. A levels are a huge workload
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
cbutler100
Rep:
?
(Original post by MariannaL)
What are your predicted grades like? If they’re high I suggest A levels as they really do keep your options open and if they’re not amazing then BTEC as you’ll struggle less. A levels are a huge workload
we arent really given predictions in our school however in my mocks i got 2 8s, 3 7s and 4 6s. I am leaning towards BTEC because of the workload as i suffer from Depression and OCD which were actually kicked of by the workload of GCSE but my parents have their heart set on my doing A-levels as ill be first one in my family to ever do a-levels so im in abit of an quandary.
MariannaL
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by cbutler100)
we arent really given predictions in our school however in my mocks i got 2 8s, 3 7s and 4 6s. I am leaning towards BTEC because of the workload as i suffer from Depression and OCD which were actually kicked of by the workload of GCSE but my parents have their heart set on my doing A-levels as ill be first one in my family to ever do a-levels so im in abit of an quandary.
A Levels are so so so much harder than GCSEs so if you struggled with the workload at GCSE I don’t think it’s a good idea. Also you shouldn’t let your parents govern your education choice but also they may be right. I am currently taking my A Levels exams and my mental health is constantly declining so.. but everyone is different.
But your GCSE grades are good enough for A levels.
cbutler100
Rep:
?
A Levels are so so so much harder than GCSEs so if you struggled with the workload at GCSE I don’t think it’s a good idea. Also you shouldn’t let your parents govern your education choice but also they may be right. I am currently taking my A Levels exams and my mental health is constantly declining so.. but everyone is different.
But your GCSE grades are good enough for A levels.
what a levels are you doing and what are they like
MariannaL
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
what a levels are you doing and what are they like
Literature , History and Sociology. History the hardest , Sociology the easiest. Lots of work for history especially. We have to learn dates and facts and figures for every event and for Warfare we have to study tactics, army reforms, dates and generals of like 5 wars.
cbutler100
Rep:
?
Literature , History and Sociology. History the hardest , Sociology the easiest. Lots of work for history especially. We have to learn dates and facts and figures for every event and for Warfare we have to study tactics, army reforms, dates and generals of like 5 wars.
I think after what youve said, im gonna go for the BTEC i think. thanks for the help however ill see what my results are like beofre making my final decision
MariannaL
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think after what youve said, im gonna go for the BTEC i think. thanks for the help however ill see what my results are like beofre making my final decision
Good luck. Go with what you think is right for you. Don’t base it on only what I said or what your family say.
I hope you make the right decision
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads