The Student Room Group

Advice on first few months on the pill

Ok, so I am going to a camp in America in 4 weeks and have only just realised the pill would be a massive solution to my "female worries"
PMS
Periods creeping up
My acne problem
Period cramp
I am very interested in what to expect the first few months as obviously I can't test it before I go to america. A few worries
Period comes on without me prepared
Period lasts longer than a week
Random bleeding.
Am I right in thinking if I take my medication at the start of my period I will expect my next period when I take my fake pills so that would mean I don't have to worry about randomly coming on.?
I am planning on going to a family planning clinic to get advice I just want to hear peoples experience and if I should go for it or not. Please not I will be sharing a cabin with 12 girls (kids) so using the loo all the time/not being able to sleep will be a massive pain. X
Reply 1
I was on the combined pill(microgynon) for a few months before switching to the implant,

I had very good experiences on it, my periods were light, far less painful, and only came when it was my pill free week, I didn't notice any mood swings or weight gain etc

Of course everyone is different so it's trial and error but talking to someone such as your GP or sexual health nurse would be beneficial :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you, yes I think It will be worth me talking to a gp.

Original post by Elektra06
I was on the combined pill(microgynon) for a few months before switching to the implant,

I had very good experiences on it, my periods were light, far less painful, and only came when it was my pill free week, I didn't notice any mood swings or weight gain etc

Of course everyone is different so it's trial and error but talking to someone such as your GP or sexual health nurse would be beneficial :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest