Does masturbation affect height growth Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
During 15-16 ages, if u masturbate a few times a week does it affect ur height growth?
Brandon_Murphy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JTfoxlove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No there is no link whatsoever.

Masturbation will not cause anything to change in your body (hairy palms, poor eyesight, smaller/larger bits, etc).

For most people masturbation is a positive, healthy and normal part of life - it helps you get to know your body, reduce stress and is enjoyable.

Choosing to masturbate, choosing not to masturbate or feeling no need to masturbate are all normal things.

Nothing to worry about either way.
Last edited by JTfoxlove; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
But surely if you are releasing testosterone that would affect puberty and growth levels? Im not sure myself, just asking. Do you have any evidence to back ur statement
(Original post by JTfoxlove)
No there is no link whatsoever.

Masturbation will not cause anything to change in your body (hairy palms, poor eyesight, smaller/larger bits, etc).

For most people masturbation is a positive, healthy and normal part of life - it helps you get to know your body, reduce stress and is enjoyable.

Choosing to masturbate, choosing not to masturbate or feeling no need to masturbate are all normal things.

Nothing to worry about either way.
JTfoxlove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you have evidence to support your assertion/theory?

I suggest if you have real concerns you talk to your doctor.

Yes, masturbation can temporarily change levels of testosterone and other hormones in the body, as can lots of other lifestyle choices, but not enough to be a concern regarding puberty and growth levels.

However, some people do have genetic or medical issues that can result in unusually low or high levels of testosterone or other hormones resulting in a range of issues, some of which can impact development - none of which are caused by masturbation.

When it comes to your height and puberty, key factors are what your genes are like (what height are your parents), eating healthily, getting enough sleep and exercise and not smoking. There is very little you can do but staying positive will make whatever the result is, irrelevant to your longterm happiness.

Again, if you're concerned talk to your doctor.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-que...bation-normal/
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sexual-...urbation-faqs/
Last edited by JTfoxlove; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Thank you, appreciate your help.
(Original post by JTfoxlove)
Do you have evidence to support your assertion/theory?

I suggest if you have real concerns you talk to your doctor.

Yes, masturbation can temporarily change levels of testosterone and other hormones in the body, as can lots of other lifestyle choices, but not enough to be a concern regarding puberty and growth levels.

However, some people do have genetic or medical issues that can result in unusually low or high levels of testosterone or other hormones resulting in a range of issues, some of which can impact development - none of which are caused by masturbation.

When it comes to your height and puberty, key factors are what your genes are like (what height are your parents), eating healthily, getting enough sleep and exercise and not smoking. There is very little you can do but staying positive will make whatever the result is, irrelevant to your longterm happiness.

Again, if you're concerned talk to your doctor.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-que...bation-normal/
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sexual-...urbation-faqs/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (154)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.71%
No I am happy with my course choice (516)
59.11%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed