xox_wonderland
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What pre-1900 text can I compare to Burgess' 'A Clockwork Orange' for my AQA English Lit NEA?
diwwest
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The text i used for mine, although I didn't compare it to A Clockwork Orange, was Perfume by Patrick Suskind. I think it's a really good text to do as it has so many themes within it, and shares links with A Clockwork Orange in exploring evil, human nature and duality of man. I would recommend choosing a text which excites you! I know that sounds lame but it really helped me to get a good mark in my NEA because I thoroughly understood and enjoyed the text. They way I see it is if you work hard enough, you can sort of make any two texts link together effectively. Good luck with your NEA!
xox_wonderland
Rep:
?
Thank you! I'll check it out. Did you compare it to any other text also or just by itself?

(Original post by diwwest)
The text i used for mine, although I didn't compare it to A Clockwork Orange, was Perfume by Patrick Suskind. I think it's a really good text to do as it has so many themes within it, and shares links with A Clockwork Orange in exploring evil, human nature and duality of man. I would recommend choosing a text which excites you! I know that sounds lame but it really helped me to get a good mark in my NEA because I thoroughly understood and enjoyed the text. They way I see it is if you work hard enough, you can sort of make any two texts link together effectively. Good luck with your NEA!
diwwest
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i compared it to Miss Julie by August Strindberg, that has a lot of themes of gender and class. Perfume was the book i chose to do but everyone in our course had to do Miss Julie.
xox_wonderland
Rep:
?
I've not heard of it but will check it out- thank you!
diwwest
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
that's ok! if you have any other questions about NEA i got 46/50 on mine so I' happy to help with structure and how to put in context etc etc
xox_wonderland
Rep:
?
Thank you so much- I may take you up on that as 46/50?? how!? 😂 Thanks again!
zayffic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
WHAT text can be compared to The Kite Runner????
Ojcc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m thinking of doing a comparison between the picture of Dorian Gray and another book in the theme of religious dystopia. If anyone has advice or knows of another book which fits the theme please let me know
jons330rrr3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
if someone could personally message me to help me with NEA work
insta: lurkzzthe1st
snapchat: cf.005
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.44%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.78%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
40%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.56%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.22%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.44%

Watched Threads