The Student Room Group

Abusive Mother

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
she’ll have a few days in the police station I think

My dads twisted my arm in a rage and other stuff my mums left me in a house locked up for 2 weeks with only cookies and milk to eat

But you need to confront her !!! When she’s calm

I honestly think she's got mental issues, like bipolar issues or something? im not sure. she just snaps every time she sees me. I don't understand what I've done to deserve this treatment
guys im honestly writing all of this and I can't stop crying. I really wish I wasn't born I really wish I could just end all of this.its a nightmare that will never end. please pray for me I must leave now
no it doesn't but she has starved me a few times before. Whats most disturbing is she was on the phone rn to her sisters telling them about what she did and I think they just shrugged to her behaviour. no body cares.

my siblings won't help me and they don't care either. they see what she's doing is right. what triggered all of this was me not wanting to go to mosque. I did end up going anyways but she just uses every single chance or slip up to beat me down. I wasn't even the only one who didn't want to go but I got all the **** for it

Talk to your siblings. If they don’t see what’s wrong then that’s bad for them too

I honestly think she's got mental issues, like bipolar issues or something? im not sure. she just snaps every time she sees me. I don't understand what I've done to deserve this treatment

for the days she’s really nice, you need to ask her

Or maybe if you know what sets her off try and avoid those triggers?

guys im honestly writing all of this and I can't stop crying. I really wish I wasn't born I really wish I could just end all of this.its a nightmare that will never end. please pray for me I must leave now

hey inshallah it’ll get better (:

update tomorrow if possible?
OP, I hope you are fine. Please update when you get the chance <3 we got your back!
Can’t you just go to the shop and get some food whilst at uni? I’m sure they won’t be able to tell
same
It's the same for me too, feel free to message me if you need to talk
cant you just call the police? It’s ilegal what they are doing
(edited 4 years ago)

I never like to see anyone like this. PM me if you need any help.
hey please update when you can x
We’re all here to listen and help you (:
awwwh speak to ur mum about it when she is in good mood and stand up for urself, don't be scread fight for ur rights talk to someone who is really close to u
Ive pretty much grown up my entire life being physically, verbally and mentally abused by my mother and I'm honestly just tired of it. I can't speak out about this because I would pretty much put my life in danger and would bring 'shame' to my family. I can't move out, im constantly in fear for my life. im stressed and I have anxiety. I need help but im honestly too scared to speak out and idk what to do. im muslim and we live in a tight knit community and this theme is sorta common but I really think even this situation is abnormal to many others. im so tired of this

today I was fasting and I still haven't been able to break my fast because she wouldn't let me. I honestly feel so sick and alone and im wits end, repeating this same pattern of abuse every single ****ing day of my life.
Ive pretty much grown up my entire life being physically, verbally and mentally abused by my mother and I'm honestly just tired of it. I can't speak out about this because I would pretty much put my life in danger and would bring 'shame' to my family. I can't move out, im constantly in fear for my life. im stressed and I have anxiety. I need help but im honestly too scared to speak out and idk what to do. im muslim and we live in a tight knit community and this theme is sorta common but I really think even this situation is abnormal to many others. im so tired of this

today I was fasting and I still haven't been able to break my fast because she wouldn't let me. I honestly feel so sick and alone and im wits end, repeating this same pattern of abuse every single ****ing day of my life.

You are smart because you opened up on this forum. It’ll give you courage and advice.
Try not to stress yourself out. Have some hope now that you have access to us. You deserve to get a life free of abuse and trauma that you clearly do not deserve.

Know you have the right to:
Protect yourself.
Keep your well-being before anyone else’s desires.
Do what you know is good for you even if your own family is against it.
You are no one’s slave, not even your mothers’s.
You will do everything you can to keep yourself safe, happy and stress free.
NO ONE has the right to treat you badly, not even your mother.

Before you read further, know that you are going to face backlash for going against them. It’s completely up to you if you want to sacrifice yourself entirely for them or if you want to take the escape and avoid them forever. It might seem impossible right now, but once you are out of their clenches you will be strong and smart enough to make sure they never get to you no matter what. An escape with a strong sense of anonymity in the new life will be the result of a smart plan carried out successfully.

Two ways to handle abuse:

1. No contact. Highly advisable. Very difficult to pull off.
2. If you have to be in contact, you must use grey rock method. On the side, it is crucial that you heal yourself at the same time by avoiding family as much as subtly possible and reflecting on your insecurities and traumas.

How to bear with them till you’re strong enough to leave them for good:

Use grey rock method. Search it up for more details. Never let anyone know that you are going grey rock.
It is essentially you becoming very very boring like any grey rock. Respond, never react. When you have any little bit of privacy, reflect on yourself. Cry and sob and be done with it. Then realise that whatever you are going through is not your fault. It was never your fault. The problem does not lie with you, it’s them. They are making your life miserable and you will emerge out of this one day.

Now what can you do to leave them:

1. Call the police , report behaviour, demand protection from family (restraining order). Gather funds from ANYONE you can to sustain.

2. Call support helpline and tell them your problems and ask them to keep it anonymous till they help you escape.

3. Plan an fool-proof escape, else you are as good as dead. Keep it a secret.

Either you live with them and experience the pathetic and painful life of a scape-goat fearing for your life every moment OR you leave and still have one fear for your life but are aware of how to protect yourself (police..etc).
If you have enough guts, Call child care services or any other authentic services that help those who undergo familial abuse. Ask them to help you hole keeping your concerns anonymous and never letting anyone know that you are seeking help.

Whatever I have said is easy to say, difficult to carry out.
Best of luck, you are a strong woman.
You are smart because you opened up on this forum. It’ll give you courage and advice.
Try not to stress yourself out. Have some hope now that you have access to us. You deserve to get a life free of abuse and trauma that you clearly do not deserve.

Know you have the right to:
Protect yourself.
Keep your well-being before anyone else’s desires.
Do what you know is good for you even if your own family is against it.
You are no one’s slave, not even your mothers’s.
You will do everything you can to keep yourself safe, happy and stress free.
NO ONE has the right to treat you badly, not even your mother.

Before you read further, know that you are going to face backlash for going against them. It’s completely up to you if you want to sacrifice yourself entirely for them or if you want to take the escape and avoid them forever. It might seem impossible right now, but once you are out of their clenches you will be strong and smart enough to make sure they never get to you no matter what. An escape with a strong sense of anonymity in the new life will be the result of a smart plan carried out successfully.

Two ways to handle abuse:

1. No contact. Highly advisable. Very difficult to pull off.
2. If you have to be in contact, you must use grey rock method. On the side, it is crucial that you heal yourself at the same time by avoiding family as much as subtly possible and reflecting on your insecurities and traumas.

How to bear with them till you’re strong enough to leave them for good:

Use grey rock method. Search it up for more details. Never let anyone know that you are going grey rock.
It is essentially you becoming very very boring like any grey rock. Respond, never react. When you have any little bit of privacy, reflect on yourself. Cry and sob and be done with it. Then realise that whatever you are going through is not your fault. It was never your fault. The problem does not lie with you, it’s them. They are making your life miserable and you will emerge out of this one day.

Now what can you do to leave them:

1. Call the police , report behaviour, demand protection from family (restraining order). Gather funds from ANYONE you can to sustain.

2. Call support helpline and tell them your problems and ask them to keep it anonymous till they help you escape.

3. Plan an fool-proof escape, else you are as good as dead. Keep it a secret.

Either you live with them and experience the pathetic and painful life of a scape-goat fearing for your life every moment OR you leave and still have one fear for your life but are aware of how to protect yourself (police..etc).
If you have enough guts, Call child care services or any other authentic services that help those who undergo familial abuse. Ask them to help you hole keeping your concerns anonymous and never letting anyone know that you are seeking help.

Whatever I have said is easy to say, difficult to carry out.
Best of luck, you are a strong woman.

I don’t know if talking to her about your problems shall help. It might, but I don’t know if she has the empathy for you.
I am here for you. We will try to free you together, I’ll be here for you as much as I can help you.
wow does your mother not realise it's haram to stop someone from breaking a fast?
Original post by ibyghee
wow does your mother not realise it's haram to stop someone from breaking a fast?

forget about the fast. She’s hitting her with a metal spoon on the head ....

I’m Muslim too but physical abuse comes before religious mattter
forget about the fast. She’s hitting her with a metal spoon on the head ....

I’m Muslim too but physical abuse comes before religious mattter

I mean my mum hits me with stuff, but she has never stopped me from doing things according to religion. Imo, religion is something you need to fix first.
Original post by ibyghee
I mean my mum hits me with stuff, but she has never stopped me from doing things according to religion. Imo, religion is something you need to fix first.

I guess, but it’s more than religion here cos her mum has periods of being loving and motherly to times where she’s not so motherly :s-smilie:
Reply 37
I'm confused. Are you asking for help or not?

Everyone's offered very good advice yet it seems like you deflect everything and want to remain in this position. You can change your situation, if that's what YOU want.
I guess, but it’s more than religion here cos her mum has periods of being loving and motherly to times where she’s not so motherly :s-smilie:

Ye same for me, my mum is so kind, and bam, goes super Saiyan mode. Don't wanna say details but it gets bad. But I don't care after a day since my religion is still strong and she aint stopping me.
do you have any friends from uni or anywhere else who can take you in and help you? cause if you continue like this ur mental and physical health will worsen. You need to get out of there. Your family sound toxic asf.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending