Your view on Nigel Farage. Watch

mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#61
Report 1 month ago
#61
(Original post by FTheOpps)
There were many posts just like mine and yet you chose my one? Fairly certain I have, yes.
I have still not heard your argument against Farage. Is it just hatred or is there some refined point about his political views that you have?
0
reply
FTheOpps
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
#62
Report 1 month ago
#62
(Original post by mgi)
I have still not heard your argument against Farage. Is it just hatred or is there some refined point about his political views that you have?
And I still have not heard your reason for questioning me on my views rather than any of the other numerous posters.
0
reply
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#63
Report 1 month ago
#63
(Original post by FTheOpps)
And I still have not heard your reason for questioning me on my views rather than any of the other numerous posters.
I have been having conversations with other posters on the very same topic . One poster said that only 37% of the electorate voted for leave. I said to him that the figure was misleading because more people votes for leave thsn for remain; which is exactly the point that Farage was making-in a democracy what should happen to the side that gets the most votes? I agree with Farage's point that because the leavers got the most votes that the UK should leave. Those who were eligible to vote in the Referendum and didnt bother-too bad! Just because i am not a right winger like Boris, or Farage or May does not mean that everything they say is automatically wrong- whether i like them or their politics or not! If Hitler was to say that grass is usually green then it doesn't matter to me that he is not likeable- it might just vbe e true that grass tends to be green!
1
reply
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#64
Report 1 month ago
#64
(Original post by mgi)
You are missing the point. Brexit should have happened by now. Farage is correct on this point.
I'm not missing the point at all, I'm aware he thinks Brexit should already have happened (I'd disagree on that point, if we're going to do it, take the time to do it right, not just "out ASAP"), the point is that he is not a man of the people like he claims, nor is the Brexit party a genuine grassroots revelation, it's a ****ing sham, a UKIP spin off designed to yank control back to him and only him (because his "EU is anti-democratic" schtick is pure projection) and to be able to hide where his funding is coming from (which, given his chumminess with alt-reichers like Steve Bannon, is incredibly suspicious).

Never mind that he and his ilk whip up hysteria and dogwhistle to radicalised youth, resulting in the assassination of Jo Cox and another assassination attempt on the labour MP Rosie Cooper being foiled recently, or his statement that he'd become a domestic terrorist if the state doesn't do what he wants (not that he actually would, he's not "picking up a rifle for Brexit" when he's as scared of lactose as he is of foreigners). He and his friends are the biggest threat to liberal democracy out there.
1
reply
MorbidThumbs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
#65
Report 1 month ago
#65
Apparently dislikes the EU and wants the UK out of the EU, but has applied for German passports for his children. Something not right there...
2
reply
FTheOpps
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
#66
Report 1 month ago
#66
(Original post by mgi)
I have been having conversations with other posters on the very same topic . One poster said that only 37% of the electorate voted for leave. I said to him that the figure was misleading because more people votes for leave thsn for remain; which is exactly the point that Farage was making-in a democracy what should happen to the side that gets the most votes? I agree with Farage's point that because the leavers got the most votes that the UK should leave. Those who were eligible to vote in the Referendum and didnt bother-too bad! Just because i am not a right winger like Boris, or Farage or May does not mean that everything they say is automatically wrong- whether i like them or their politics or not! If Hitler was to say that grass is usually green then it doesn't matter to me that he is not likeable- it might just vbe e true that grass tends to be green!
Fair enough. I should have been more observant, my bad and I apologise. In my opinion, Farage's views on refugees and immigrants reflect his narcissistic attitude. This is my view as I come from a family who has immigrated to England (and integrated well). I am a second generation British-Pakistani, as my Grand Parents immigrated here in the mid 20th Century and had children. Thereby, I dislike Farage's racist ideology. I, however, agree with his views towards Brexit.
0
reply
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#67
Report 1 month ago
#67
(Original post by mgi)
I have been having conversations with other posters on the very same topic . One poster said that only 37% of the electorate voted for leave. I said to him that the figure was misleading because more people votes for leave thsn for remain; which is exactly the point that Farage was making-in a democracy what should happen to the side that gets the most votes? I agree with Farage's point that because the leavers got the most votes that the UK should leave. Those who were eligible to vote in the Referendum and didnt bother-too bad! Just because i am not a right winger like Boris, or Farage or May does not mean that everything they say is automatically wrong- whether i like them or their politics or not! If Hitler was to say that grass is usually green then it doesn't matter to me that he is not likeable- it might just vbe e true that grass tends to be green!
You can't claim it's the "voice of the people" and that "the majority of the country want to leave" when, as I said, only just over a third voted for it.
0
reply
Chemist123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
#68
Report 1 month ago
#68
F*** him
1
reply
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#69
Report 1 month ago
#69
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
I'm not missing the point at all, I'm aware he thinks Brexit should already have happened (I'd disagree on that point, if we're going to do it, take the time to do it right, not just "out ASAP"), the point is that he is not a man of the people like he claims, nor is the Brexit party a genuine grassroots revelation, it's a ****ing sham, a UKIP spin off designed to yank control back to him and only him (because his "EU is anti-democratic" schtick is pure projection) and to be able to hide where his funding is coming from (which, given his chumminess with alt-reichers like Steve Bannon, is incredibly suspicious).

Never mind that he and his ilk whip up hysteria and dogwhistle to radicalised youth, resulting in the assassination of Jo Cox and another assassination attempt on the labour MP Rosie Cooper being foiled recently, or his statement that he'd become a domestic terrorist if the state doesn't do what he wants (not that he actually would, he's not "picking up a rifle for Brexit" when he's as scared of lactose as he is of foreigners). He and his friends are the biggest threat to liberal democracy out there.
A "youth " did not assassinate jo cox. So you know where the funding is coming from for the Tories, Labour and all the other parties do you? The Brexit crisis shows how corrupt the British political system actually is. If you vote in a democratic election MPs can if they feel like it ,set aside your vote. Radical reform is needed. That fake austerity policy that's gone on for ever keeps the rich wealthier while they kid us about the economy when most of the benefits go to the very wealthy. The EU is definitely not democratic any more than the Uk is. Britain has had long enough to sort out Brexit; the fake remainer MPs are the problem.
0
reply
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#70
Report 1 month ago
#70
(Original post by IWMTom)
You can't claim it's the "voice of the people" and that "the majority of the country want to leave" when, as I said, only just over a third voted for it.
Yes you can. The tories are in power with a similar figure; no one seems to notice! The remainers got less votes but don't like it. Leave means leave.
0
reply
LManchesterL
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
#71
Report 1 month ago
#71
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Other politicians say things to get themselves into office, but they usually don't tell bald-faced, destructive lies.
Really? What lies has Farage said?
0
reply
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#72
Report 1 month ago
#72
(Original post by Other_Owl)
He has a party with no manifesto.
I don't like him.
You may not like him, but he has injected a bit of life into politics. DO we really want this seesawing that has been going on recently. I want change and I voted for him.
0
reply
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#73
Report 1 month ago
#73
(Original post by LManchesterL)
Really? What lies has Farage said?
> The EU is anti-democratic and takes more from this country than it gives
> Immigrants are the cause of the stress the NHS is under (as well as plenty of other assorted social problems)

Those are the main ones, and both of them break down into plenty of smaller lies. His modus operandi, and his support base, are founded on those falsehoods.
0
reply
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#74
Report 1 month ago
#74
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
You may not like him, but he has injected a bit of life into politics. DO we really want this seesawing that has been going on recently. I want change and I voted for him.
Name:  n-508653049-628x314.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  36.6 KB
1
reply
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#75
Report 1 month ago
#75
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Name:  n-508653049-628x314.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  36.6 KB
He got a huge portion of the vote. we voted Brexit and the rest of the country has spent the past couple of years trying to get a second vote
0
reply
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#76
Report 1 month ago
#76
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
> The EU is anti-democratic and takes more from this country than it gives
> Immigrants are the cause of the stress the NHS is under (as well as plenty of other assorted social problems)

Those are the main ones, and both of them break down into plenty of smaller lies. His modus operandi, and his support base, are founded on those falsehoods.
Farage did not say immigrants are the problem that causes NHS stress . Parliament is undemocratic at the moment.
0
reply
LManchesterL
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
#77
Report 1 month ago
#77
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
> The EU is anti-democratic and takes more from this country than it gives
> Immigrants are the cause of the stress the NHS is under (as well as plenty of other assorted social problems)

Those are the main ones, and both of them break down into plenty of smaller lies. His modus operandi, and his support base, are founded on those falsehoods.
Well if we are getting things correct here- The EU is anti-democratic.

Im not a huge fan of him and disagree with a lot of his stances on immigration, because I for one think immigration is great.

But his EU message is not a lie- it is anti-democratic in every sense.
0
reply
LManchesterL
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
#78
Report 1 month ago
#78
Totally agree.

People voted to leave therefore we should leave.
People voted the Brexit Party to leave, therefore we should leave.

I don't get how that isn't enough for people.
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
He got a huge portion of the vote. we voted Brexit and the rest of the country has spent the past couple of years trying to get a second vote
1
reply
Other_Owl
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
#79
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
#79
> Immigrants are the cause of the stress the NHS

It's the aging population-the complex health needs of the eldery which take up over 50% the budget.

The NHS needs to adjust to the aging population as throwing more money at the NHS does not work. Which eventually become unaffordable.

Same with the state pension, it's on the verge of bankrupting the country.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Other_Owl; 1 month ago
0
reply
DallasJ21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
#80
Report 1 month ago
#80
Farage said we have no control over EU immigration, then post election he said we did, bare face lie. He suggested we have no control over migrants coming to the UK despite not being part of the EU Migrant policy, another lie. That man has nothing to lose from Brexit, nothing at all.
(Original post by LManchesterL)
Really? What lies has Farage said?
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (144)
61.28%
No (91)
38.72%

Watched Threads

View All