some thoughts about life

Watch
Li_ger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
You know when you're young you think that you are immortal. I was in bed a few days ago and I got reminded that I would die one day. I got so scared because it had been years since I thought of death. I don't want to forget that death is reality so that I can cherish every moment of my life. I gain confidence from this approach and now I like to live life remembering this whenever I can. I also believe that there is deeper meaning within reproduction . We were made to reproduce. I feel that this is the single thing in life we can be sure of that has purpose. I would not like to die and not have a child because I feel like I would have missed out on a key aspect of life. I honestly am frightened of death, but I know that being scared will not change a thing. I'm gradually learning to accept death as a natural occurrence.
Last edited by Li_ger; 2 years ago
Mohammed SaIah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Death is the one thing mankind is guaranteed. For sure every soul shall taste death though none know the exact time or place of death. Death and the thought of death brings about end to pleasure. It puts a lot into perspective.
Last edited by Mohammed SaIah; 2 years ago
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Li_ger)
You know when you're young you think that you are immortal. I was in bed a few days ago and I got reminded that I would die one day. I got so scared because it had been years since I thought of death. I don't want to forget that death is reality so that I can cherish every moment of my life. I gain confidence from this approach and now I like to live life remembering this whenever I can. I also believe that there is deeper meaning within reproduction . We were made to reproduce. I feel that this is the single thing in life we can be sure of that has purpose. I would not like to die and not have a child because I feel like I would have missed out on a key aspect of life. I honestly am frightened of death, but I know that being scared will not change a thing. I'm gradually learning to accept death as a natural occurrence.
Ugh, no. That's so primitive.
xxx0xxxo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Many societies accept death as a natural part of life by building a culture around it. Where mourning is more elaborate, or funerals last for days, for example in some parts of Lebanon the death of a close one is a time to make amends with any enemies or forgive those who deceived you. When societies come together in support death is accepted as a part of life rather than simply a dark and tragic affair. I sometimes like to walk through graveyards and read people's gravestones, simply muse on their lives and pay respects. It makes me leave feeling like i am really alive.

The biggest misconception many have about death is that it is an end.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
But it's true but it's also not our only goal. Why else would we be made like this?
Every living entity to have ever existed did so via reproduction. It would be impossible for us to be 'made' otherwise. it's really not that deep. That doesn't mean reproduction is a necessary personal ends.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I feel like there's something more than just producing another human. I just get the feeling that there is more to it. Like it's a continuity of yourself.
Meh, I hazard it is whatever you make it. it's not something I have an immediate interest in so it's not a goal I have.
Li_ger
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
Every living entity to have ever existed did so via reproduction. It would be impossible for us to be 'made' otherwise. it's really not that deep. That doesn't mean reproduction is a necessary personal ends.
Also can I ask you something. What do you think happens after death? I'm just asking this because I want to see other people's views on it. I'm not the type of guy to try to "prove" that other people's views are wrong. I just accept that they have them.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Also can I ask you something. What do you think happens after death? I'm just asking this because I want to see other people's views on it. I'm not the type of guy to try to "prove" that other people's views are wrong. I just accept that they have them.
We decompose.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
But it's true but it's also not our only goal. Why else would we be made like this?
Made like what?
Li_ger
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
Made like what?
by that I mean like why else would we have a reproductive system. I feel like that I was given that to reproduce. I'm not like homophobic it's just I feel that reproduction has more purpose...I don't really know how to word this. I'm truly sorry if I offended you
Last edited by Li_ger; 2 years ago
Mohammed SaIah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For how long could we ignore blessings? It doesn't take much observation of one's own self. Also, observation of that which is around us. Do you think we were created in the best of structures?
(Original post by Ciel.)
Made like what?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
by that I mean like why else would we have a reproductive system. I feel like that I was given that to reproduce. I'm not like homophobic it's just I feel that reproduction has more purpose...I don't really know got to word this. I'm truly sorry if I offended you
Not all people want kids, though. Including straight people. How do you explain that?
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
“every soul shall taste the death” is the most depressing annoying thing i’ve heard
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mohammed SaIah)
For how long could we ignore blessings? It doesn't take much observation of one's own self. Also, observation of that which is around us. Do you think we were created in the best of structures?
What blessings, hun?
Li_ger
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
Not all people want kids, though. Including straight people. How do you explain that?
Ye that's true but most people do want sex and that's driven by the body's desire to reproduce but maybe not the mind's desire for many. I don't know if you'll get this but say if a guy ejaculates the body does that with the purpose of reproducing whereas the guy himself may not even want to reproduce. So I feel there is greater meaning in it because our bodies desire it. Once again I have no idea how to explain this properly
skrillexJD
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
better face it than ignore it for the rest of your life

(Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS)
“every soul shall taste the death” is the most depressing annoying thing i’ve heard
skrillexJD
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i believe the reference is an overall gratitude, ability to breathe, ability to see nature, the ability to sleep in a bed and actually feel coziness and comfort. the blessing of having food everyday and stuff like that
(Original post by Ciel.)
What blessings, hun?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ye that's true but most people do want sex and that's driven by the body's desire to reproduce but maybe not the mind's desire for many. I don't know if you'll get this but say if a guy ejaculates the body does that with the purpose of reproducing whereas the guy himself may not even want to reproduce. So I feel there is greater meaning in it because our bodies desire it. Once again I have no idea how to explain this properly
How do you know? Maybe it's just "the body's desire" for pleasure.
(Original post by skrillexJD)
i believe the reference is an overall gratitude, ability to breathe, ability to see nature, the ability to sleep in a bed and actually feel coziness and comfort. the blessing of having food everyday and stuff like that
Not sure if that's what he was trying to say, lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (27)
17.53%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (49)
31.82%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (14)
9.09%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
10.39%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.55%
I think it's an unfair expectation (38)
24.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.95%

Watched Threads