Loneliness. Watch

TheNamesBond.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I think loneliness is one of those things which everyone has experienced at some point in their lives, but at different levels of course, one could be surrounded by dozens of people and feel just as lonely as someone completely isolated, it's an empty feeling which for me makes me feel like I can't ever connect with anyone, the sync just isn't there, I think the worst thing is finding people who make you feel good and then being disconnected from them for whatever reason, being in a different country perhaps.

The world is such a loud, crowded heap of loneliness, I think it's the feeling like you're in a bubble no matter where you go.

What are your thoughts and suggestions for dealing with loneliness?

Share them down below.
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think a lot of people don't understand loneliness. Especially the idea that you can still feel lonely after being surrounded by people... Or even after talking to people
ggxsywes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i have a pretty bad way of dealing with it: i just tell myself that i'd hate being in other people's company anyway. i'd feel like i'm annoying them too much or that i'm not social enough or courtesy-showing enough or funny enough or people person enough.

also, other ppl can only like u as much as u like urself, and i dont rly like myself, so i hate seeing my own feelings towards myself being reflected in the way others feel towards me too. it's like a mirror reminding me of my self disliking tendancies. so i tell myself that i can only face people once i've built up some sense of self-like. it hasnt happened yet. i'm still wondering if i'll ever find a way out of this self - destructing mindset. it really gets me nowhere

back 2 the question: loneliness cant kill me so it's quite nice seeing myself fighting thru this uncomfortable feeling. it makes me respect myself more for my courage
Oxford Mum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am actually very shy and worry about how to mix socially with others. When I was a teenager I used to be so nervous I used to have a lot to drink to overcome it, but it just made me look like a complete fool. Now I don’t really drink at all, and I feel a lot more in control of my actions. Although I worry about saying the wrong thing ( especially on TSR- sometimes I have good days, sometimes I get things horribly wrong) I still have a go and join in conversations at work, trying to be my best self. Inside, though, I’m still the same insecure, terrified person! But I know that if I don’t interact with others, I would be extremely lonely
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am inspired by the police’s song “ message in a bottle “. It shows how someone feels lonely and thinks nobody understands, but then finds out a lot of other people feel exactly the same way.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbXWrmQW-OE

It's funny how, even though I think I'm insignificant, people remember the things I did or said. One of the elderly villagers told me he remembered my Queen's Guide ceremony, which was 40 years ago! I'd forgotten all about it.

Also some throwaway remarks (or so I thought) made to my kids are brought up years later by them, because they thought they were actually important.

Loneliness is possibly more widespread than you think, but people can sometimes bring you hope in the most unexpected way.
Nathalieslayne
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
I think loneliness is one of those things which everyone has experienced at some point in their lives, but at different levels of course, one could be surrounded by dozens of people and feel just as lonely as someone completely isolated, it's an empty feeling which for me makes me feel like I can't ever connect with anyone, the sync just isn't there, I think the worst thing is finding people who make you feel good and then being disconnected from them for whatever reason, being in a different country perhaps.

The world is such a loud, crowded heap of loneliness, I think it's the feeling like you're in a bubble no matter where you go.

What are your thoughts and suggestions for dealing with loneliness?

Share them down below.
I completely understand how you feel, I've felt like that for a while and then I realized that I shouldn't rely on others for my own happiness and mental wellbeing. I know it's easier said than done, but right now your obviously not getting the right sort of support from peers around you and you need to try and find happiness for yourself right now. Whether that be finding an interest, hobby, even concentrate more on studying or work just to give yourself some form of goal or satisfaction in improving yourself. So now I spend more time on myself and exercise with studying to improve me and make me feel better as you are the only thing that'll always HV your back and never leave no matter how tough things get
Curious_G
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you for the thread idea OP. Loneliness is something I've faced my whole life. I just wish there was somebody to talk to.

Maybe random, but if anyone is up for a chat feel free to PM me?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (224)
72.49%
Jeremy Hunt (85)
27.51%

Watched Threads