The Student Room Group

will these a levels get me into law

i'd like to go to a top university to study law.

will biology, chemistry and sociology a levels suffice?

i know at least 1 essay based subject is needed, but seeing as my only essay based a level is not a facilitating subject, will this lower my chances for top universities like oxbridge?

i know history is a lot better, but i won't enjoy it as much, although i don't hate it... help me please
You don’t need an essay based subject unless a uni has specifically specifically requested it but that’s rarely. It will help you but it won’t affect it that much. As long as you get the grades the unis want and a good personal statement (and if needed a good lnat score, you’ll be fine. If you don’t like if, don’t take it because they only require high grades
oxford requires 1 essay based a level, but i'm not sure if sociology is good enough
Original post by PetitePanda
You don’t need an essay based subject unless a uni has specifically specifically requested it but that’s rarely. It will help you but it won’t affect it that much. As long as you get the grades the unis want and a good personal statement (and if needed a good lnat score, you’ll be fine. If you don’t like if, don’t take it because they only require high grades
Original post by hahagr8stuff
oxford requires 1 essay based a level, but i'm not sure if sociology is good enough

Ohhh. Why don’t u contact them and ask?
Original post by hahagr8stuff

Oxford require a subject involving essay writing plus the LNAT.

Sociology will be acceptable, but you could always phone Admissions if you want confirmation directly from them

Quick Reply

Latest