Essay submission error Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I uploaded wrong essay in error. Received a zero. I am dyslexic. What can I do?
amihalo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Always name your essays clearly so that you are absolutely certain you are uploading the correct essay.
Otherwise you need to look at your university's regulations about resitting and mitigating circumstances. Different universities have different rules.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I uploaded wrong essay in error. Received a zero. I am dyslexic. What can I do?
I don't think there is much you can do. Your university may ask you to do a capped resit of that essay in the summer, so it would be a good idea to talk this over with your lecturer/personal tutor.

Even though you have dyslexia, they may argue that you should have named your files more clearly to differentiate between them, and that comes down to you really.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm not sure what dyslexia has to do with it. It's a bit harsh, they could have emailed and asked for the correct one and just applied late submission penalties. Perhaps ask to resubmit with penalties for lateness. Do you have any timestamps back ups you could show to prove it was completed? You may just have to accept the 0.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (206)
32.7%
The paper was reasonable (308)
48.89%
Not feeling great about that exam... (71)
11.27%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
7.14%

Watched Threads